The Lead Contract Negotiations (LCN) group sits within the Global Business Operations (GBO) team and is a dynamic group with high visibility within IQVIA. LCN is responsible for reviewing, drafting and negotiating Customer Agreements and Vendor Agreements for IQVIA and liaises with the Global Legal Department and many business stakeholders to assess and reduce business risk related to terms and conditions in our contracts. We seek highly motivated and accountable people looking for opportunities to impact the business and be part of the solution. At IQVIA, we look at individuals with a focus on continuous learning and career development
This position forms part of the Lead Contract Negotiators (LCN)- which supports the organization’s agreements globally.
- Provide senior level support to Deputy General Counsel, Associate General Counsel and/or other members of the Legal team for complex, confidential and highly sensitive legal issues.
- Monitor general litigation and assist attorneys in pursuit or defense of litigation, including conducting legal research, drafting of legal and business communications, compiling supporting documentation, conducting witness interviews, providing assistance to and liaison with outside counsel, and conducting maintenance of the Company litigation report.
- Maintain compliance of corporate minute books for all U.S. subsidiaries, including annual filings, corporate minutes and board consents.
- Provide oversight and maintenance of database of Company’s global subsidiary records and information.
- Maintain trademark and other intellectual property portfolios, including accurate dockets, and reviews and tracks expenses.
- Perform extensive research and compile information regarding prospective trademarks, trade names, trade dress, prints, and domain names; perform searches, prepare and file trademark application as and maintain trademark documentation.
- Draft, revise and negotiate more complex IQVIA contracts.
- Interact internally and externally with executive level management and legal counsel on issues requiring negotiation.
- Conduct complex written and/or verbal follow-up with Customers after the delivery of draft or signature-ready contracts.
- Lead and participate in Team meetings.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, communication, presentation and influence skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Solid understanding of the government regulations that effect the operation of the organization
- Ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment
- Sound decision-making skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently, establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients, and at the same time be a good team player
- Possess excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills necessary to establish quickly credibility and trust throughout the organization.
- Ability to deliver results and handle confidential information.
- Ability to negotiate, read and draft in English, as well as fluent in spoken English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and influence skills with open, direct communication style and willingness to engage in constructive debate.
- Excellent skills using MS Office Suite: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent academic background with a law degree from a reputable university.
- Qualified to practice law in a global organization and has 8 or more years post qualification experience.
- Prior in-house experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or familiarity with drug discovery and development process will be a plus.
- Proficient in drafting various type of contracts in English and negotiating complex deals directly with customers and vendors.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
- Occasional travel
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] to arrange for such an accommodation.