At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We’re disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Life Engineering Co-op
Our University hires play an important role in enhancing our business. The Co-op program provides each student with real-life hands-on experience, coaching and mentoring, networking opportunities, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various schools throughout the country. When you join our family, you will work on projects that improve your leadership, analytical, and project management skills. Cross-functional teamwork provides an opportunity to partner with a variety of people in the organization across all our sectors; Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Consumer and Corporate/Enterprise. We offer an interactive team environment, where your capabilities and skills will be developed to build a strong career foundation.
- 2021 co-op typical term is 12 months.
- Assignment may be virtual/remote, while other business critical roles will be onsite and may require relocation.
- Career mentorship is available with endless networking opportunities within assigned team and beyond
- Full time availability (40 hours per week)
Johnson & Johnson Vision is recruiting for Engineering Gradaute Co-op for its Operational Excelence team.
This position is required to support OpEX Department to eliminate waste in production processes, increase process capabilities, improve process, continual improvement mentality and help the site to achieve the Business Goals and Objectives. Devise effective and efficient ways that provide workers, machines, material information and continuous improvement culture; and make IOLs process faster, with the minimum variation and waste. Add value and positive impact to the business
- Project Management with the minimum of supervision
- Facilitate the deployment of new and changed processes or systems to provide improved results.
- Evaluate and analyze current process metrics and performance to identify areas requiring improvements.
- Analyze and find opportunities to reduce process variation, improve process capabilities and optimize process performance.
- Provide new insights, presentations and reports of projects
- Support Regular Engineers on Project related activities as the need arises
#jnjsupplychain #jnjcoop #jnjundergraduate #jnjengineering
- Be legally authorized to work in Puerto Rico and the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- Be actively enrolled pursuing a Master’s degree in an accredited college/institution and be in good academic standing.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 is required. GPA of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Capable of performing critical thinking analysis and reports using Statistical Analysis, Graphics, Drawings, Flowcharts, Proposed layouts of Processing Areas and any other analytical tools.
- Computer Software knowledge and Experience: Minitab®, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Project®, Microsoft Office®, Windows®, Visio®, AutoCAD, SolidWorks and RSLogix 500®.
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication and presentation skills and leadership qualities are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently within a matrix environment where tight timelines exist.
- Candidate must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
- Candidate must be fully bilingual (Spanish – English).
- Previous intern or co-op experience in Pharmaceutical or Medical Device Industry is preferred.
- Lean/SixSigma Certification or Courses is prefered.
- Experience in Project Management is prefered.
- Finance Courses or knowledge is prefered.
Our required majors are:
- Engineering (Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical)
- Engineering Management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco-
AMO Puerto Rico Manufacturing, Inc. (Branch) (7239)