Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a summer intern at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this 12-week internship, you’ll gain hands on experience with meaningful work while developing your skills and building your network. We’re big believers that diversity leads to innovation, creativity, and collaboration. As a summer intern, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Review Emerging Technologies (ET EE) and Emerging Markets & Technologies (EM&T DR) Technical Project Reports
- Assist engineers in responding to customer’s request for quotation and performing telecom engineering design and cost analysis.
- Develop standard Excel spreadsheets to capture and analyze various types of data related to EP&T Projects
- Do analysis of EP&T Projects Database entries, to help identify cost trends; assessment cycle timing; and other metrics
- Participate in various EP&T Project meetings, such as kick-off, midpoint, regular status, and completion meetings, to gain exposure to basic project management techniques, and to help support the project team.
- Prepare and deliver a presentation on EP&T project element or other technical effort, to EP peers, to help develop presentation skills.
- Be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field at an accredited institution with a graduation date of December 2021 or later
- GPA 2.8 or higher
- MS Office
- Geographic Information System Software or MapInfo
You should know
- The internship has a start date of May/June 2021 and end date of August/September 2021
- Interns will have the opportunity to participate in intern mixers, executive speaker series, community volunteer events, and cross-company networking
- Official transcripts will be verified during the on-boarding process
- We require you to be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to resources, testing information, the hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate Resource page for further information and to access information guides. For information guides, please reference test #8203. Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.