JPMorgan Chase’s Receivable Operations division supports lockbox services delivered to wholesale (corporate), public sector state government, and Federal government clients. The firm’s Receivables Operations division enables customers to accept traditional paper-based payments from clients by capturing information with efficient technology services and transferring it to an output file for accounts receivable updating. The main objective is to expedite collections of payments due by getting the check that’s \”in the mail\” deposited into the biller’s account as quickly as possible. A second objective is to expedite the posting of payment information, allowing the customer to update their account records. This can substantially reduce costs and expedite the crediting of deposits to individuals accounts, which provides high customer satisfaction and a rewarding service. Our strategic focus is to deliver an extraordinary level of service and quality to our customer while leveraging the firm’s operations and technology infrastructure.
As a Transactions Specialist I, the individual will be responsible for processing daily document transactions which can include some moderately complex tasks. Each function may have multiple tasks per transaction. These transactions require judgment and experience with limited direct supervision. While receiving clear instruction, the individual must maintain the highest level of production and accuracy on a daily basis. The individual must also focus on process effectiveness with an emphasis on high quality service and productivity.
As a Transactions Specialist I, the individual will be responsible for the extraction of checks and remittances. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing batches of work by extracting checks and remittances from envelopes
- Inputting data into the system while following standard operating procedures and customer specific instructions for processing
- Operating Imaging/Extraction Equipment (iTRAN, IBML, OPEX 7200, OPEX 150)
- Verifying negotiability of checks through customer specific instructions for processing
- Re-associating check images to corresponding material while validating quality of images
- Maintaining site productivity and quality standards
- Lifting and moving mail trays weighing up to 50 pounds
- Contributing to meeting team goals in addition to individual responsibilities
- Working in all areas/departments of production as needed
- Making judgment calls regarding routine duties but refer non-routine situations to a supervisor and/or manager
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Production environment focus around meeting deadlines
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Alpha/Numeric data entry and typing skills – with excellent accuracy
- Must be a team player and maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Effectively interact with all diverse groups within the organization
- Physical requirements: Sitting – up to 95% of the time, Standing – up to 10% of the time, Lifting – up to 5% of the time and up to 50 pounds; Walking – up to 10% of the time
Work schedule: Thursday – Monday / 11pm – 7:30am
Temporary Schedule D: Wednesday – Saturday with alternating Wednesdays off / 8pm – 6:30am
Pays 15% shift differential
This position may require you to work non-traditional hours and/or additional hours as business needs arise. JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans