Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The Camera & Sensors Team at Facebook AR/VR Platform Hardware is helping build the next generation of products in Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality. Facebook’s Camera & Sensors Team’s research and development in camera’s and depth/input sensing technologies is driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. As a calibration engineer in this group, you will advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world by developing state of the art calibration solutions for enabling AR/VR experiences across all HW platforms. We are currently seeking an innovative engineer intern to work across multiple sensor technologies to develop novel characterization platforms – HW & SW to solve complex data analysis problems for advanced prototypes and user experiences.
- Research and implement algorithms to characterize 3D computer vision use cases and solutions
- Validate and benchmark various off the shelf sensing technologies
- Assist in developing characterization software to establish a standard set of data analysis tools for generating reports
- Integrate sensor data into data analysis software pipeline and perform statistical and other analysis. Test and capture sensor data and be capable of debugging issues with integrated sensor systems
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters in computer science/ engineering, electrical engineering, optics, or related field
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Experience coding in Python and C or C++
- Hands-on laboratory experience with hardware/ sensors bring-up, data capture, analysis and visualization and debug
- 2+ years of MATLAB programming experience
- Experience in one or more source control systems like Git or SVN
- Hands-on laboratory or factory experience with mechanical and electrical hardware bring-up and debug
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]