- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in digital marketing or digital media/advertising sales.
- 5 years of experience managing a book of business in digital media/advertising sales.
- Experience in search marketing.
- Experience in branding.
- Knowledge of business strategies.
- Ability to analyze client needs and provide solutions.
- Excellent customer service, communication, presentation, and creative problem-solving skills.
About the job
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As an Account Executive, you’ll help provide integrated, cross-platform advertising solutions. You will be primarily responsible for driving and growing new business with Google’s advertisers as well as managing business relationships to ensure that our clients’ needs and requirements are met. This will require you to serve as their advocate within Google, while also collaborating with other Google teams to provide our partners with a comprehensive portfolio of solutions and options.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We’re uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google’s broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Work collaboratively with a team to drive growth with new and existing customers.
- Generate business plans to define your strategies and tactics.
- Adapt to Google’s ongoing product and technology developments.
- Manage multiple cross-product opportunities and projects.
- Drive ad revenue by acting as a trusted consultant and pitching long term pitches across search, display and video products
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Other jobs you may like
- 3+ years of sales experience
- Experience with sales CRM tools such as Salesforce or like program
This is an opportunity to sell world class personalization technologies and drive sales across multiple platforms to mid-to-large brand and performance advertisers. There are also opportunities to grow and retain revenue from existing advertisers. If you have a consultative selling style, yield from media and or marketing world and are ready to deliver strategic advertising solutions to your clients apply today!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver the highest level of sales and customer service to our clients.
- Prospect, penetrate and create new relationships with clients.
- Drive deals to closure in a new business environment.
- Retain and grow revenue from existing advertisers.
- Understand Amazon’s display advertising opportunities and tools to help build relevant advertising solutions for our advertisers.
- Utilize Sales CRM tools to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly quota goals.
- Deliver highest level of sales and customer service to our clients.
- Understand and learn about the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience selling digital or online media.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication.
Other jobs you may like
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means:
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Account Executive at Microsoft leads our most valued customers into the digital age. Embracing a challenger mindset, the successful Account Executive manages, orchestrates and leads their virtual teams and closes opportunities with customers that produce transformative business outcomes.
By applying to this role, you will be considered for multiple opportunities within Microsoft.
The Impact You’ll be Making:
Business Manager: Lead with Industry or Solution Sales Play – Building trusted relationships through engagements focused on driving the customers desired business outcomes using Microsoft technologies
Transformation Manager: Reliably deliver on the customers business and technology outcomes. Continue to lead Digital Transformation discussions with customers through best in class virtual engagements.
Account Orchestration Team Manager: Orchestrating and coordinating the team, ensuring that the best of Microsoft and our partners is brought to bear to help our customers deliver their business goals.
Your Core Responsibilities will include:
- Develop landing plan including field onboarding, partner disclosure, readiness, and execution
- Ensure subsidiary business owners of transformation pillars (commerce, co-sell, membership) incorporate changes within their respective planning and execution for positive business outcomes
- Determine core transformation stakeholders, define R&R, scope and role criteria and accountabilities
- Create disclosure and onboarding/transition plans to prioritize efforts with stakeholders, partner account teams, support, operations
- Drive attainment of local subsidiary change mgt KPIs/scorecard results
- Participate within the partner transformation community, share learnings, best practices
Who we are looking for:
Experience. 5+ years of selling to or consulting with enterprise customers, or driving digital transformation from within an enterprise company
Account Management. Effective territory/account management. Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery : planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, and deal negotiation.
Industry Knowledge. Solid knowledge of one of the following industries required (i.e. Government, Education, Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Automotive, Telco, Media, Oil/Gas/Energy, etc.)
Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
Problem Solver. Ability to work in fast-changing environment and manage ambiguity, while solving customer problems through cloud technologies Background in large-scale, multi-year enterprise change management.
Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence
Competitive Knowledge. Ability to position long term strategic solutions vs. the competition
Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations and has the ability, characteristics, and determination to compete effectively against skilled and diverse competition.
Growth Mindset. Ability to overcome and work around problems that are inevitable in rapidly growing businesses – positive approach to problem solving, learning, and development of potential
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
Azure Certifications and/or business value selling certifications preferred
Travel is an integral part of this position. You will be required to travel as is determined by the needs of our customers. This position may require travel to customer sites up to 50% of the time. Overnight travel may also be required.