Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Los Angeles, CA, USA; Irvine, CA, USA
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience within digital media/sales, advertising, ecommerce, performance marketing or consulting.
- Experience influencing, advising and/or building new relationships with clients.
- Experience with multi-stream projects or implementing strategy through organized execution, adapting quickly and pivoting to shifting priorities.
- Familiarity with digital marketing platforms (e.g. Google Ads, Google Marketing Platform) and/or marketing measurement techniques (i.e., MMM, attribution).
- Ability to manage complex internal and external relationships and present data-based recommendations.
- Ability to work with evolving and emerging products to meet client needs and scale business objectives.
About the job
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As an Account Manager, you’ll manage relationships with clients, while being business-focused to help expand the relationship with Google’s clients. Additionally, you’ll be an advisor and consultant, as well as advocate for Google’s clients. You will serve as the lead for clients’ marketing plans with Google and partner closely with the Account Executive and internal Ad Support teams to bring the best of Google’s advertising solutions to our customers.
In this role, you’ll refine large data sets into a few actionable insights. You will help customers modernize their measurement by adopting best practices in data integration, attribution, and modern digital advertising. You’ll use user behavior insights, customer segmentation, and internal data to devise marketing strategies that drive results.
You’ll think critically, be comfortable with ambiguity, and have excellent business acumen as a problem solver. You’ll build trust and motivate change internally and externally.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We’re uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google’s broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Develop relationships with customers and earn their trust to challenge the status quo together.
- Analyze internal and external data to quantify opportunities, anticipate risks, develop solutions to customer challenges, and measure success. Tell stories with data, both visually and verbally.
- Collaborate across teams to innovate, bring digital marketing expertise to customers, and develop scalable solutions to industry challenges.
- Advise on Google’s Ads Platforms, including Search, Display, Video, Gmail, and coordinate support of our Google Marketing Platform.
- Lead the full lifecycle of Google Ad Platform initiatives, from idea to implementation.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.