Accounting Operations is responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented under both US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards. There are a variety of teams within Accounting Operations which provides opportunities for professional growth and development. The teams are responsible for areas such as corporate accounting, accounting policies, fixed asset & lease accounting, capitalized software & procurement accounting, supply chain accounting, equipment sales accounting, revenue accounting, and financial services accounting.
The Capitalized Software & Procurement Accounting team is seeking an Accountant who will report to the Accounting Manager. This position will work with finance/business teams throughout the company including Engineering, Information Technology, Procurement, Retail, Real Estate, and Tax to ensure capital and operating expenses are accurately recorded. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in operational accounting, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrated ability to gather/interpret/communicate information, and the ability to work with large volumes of data. We are looking for a bright candidate who will be ready to move into this role and make an immediate contribution.
- Prepare journal entries, analyze and explain variances in assigned general ledger accounts, and reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts in Blackline.
- Review capital project costs, reclass costs as necessary, and create final assets.
- Prepare assigned audit schedules and support timely completion of financial audits.
- Meet all monthly close deadlines.
- Identify and communicate business drivers and their effect on financial results.
- Develop a solid understanding of the transactional data flow through the various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results.
- Extract data from multiple sources, analyze it to produce accurate, meaningful and timely reports.
- Understand business changes and articulate accounting guidelines.
- Use accounting concepts, experience, and analytical skills to identify and resolve issues in creative and effective ways.
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities and work with appropriate team members and partners to resolve and implement solutions.
- Participate in cross departmental projects.
- Assist team members and work on ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Strong foundation in accounting operations and systems
- Demonstrated experience working with business partners to understand business drivers that impact financial statements
- Work experience in accounting and reporting systems (such as SAP, BPC or Blackline) and automation technologies, a plus
- Ability to deal with complex accounting issues and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform meaningful analysis and reconciliations
- Detail oriented while still being able to understand and articulate the big picture
- Ability to manipulate extremely large volumes of data from multiple systems
- Strong organizational and time management skills including multi-tasking and prioritizing workload
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated curiosity about processes and systems
- Flexible and able to handle ambiguity
- Work independently and as part of team
- Positive work attitude combined with an eagerness to learn
- Proficient in Excel; experience with Tableau a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- CPA candidates, a plus
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.