- Degree in accounting or related field
- Three or more years of related work
Based in Seattle, Amazon is a pioneering, dynamic, and energetic company that thrives on unique and peculiar ways. We take pride in our single-minded obsession over customer satisfaction and our ability to maintain a curious and vibrant culture no matter how large the company grows. We endeavor to build our legacy as Earth’s most customer-centric company and to continue to cultivate and nourish our innovative environment through our mission to hire the best. If you are a financial accounting professional who consistently exceeds expectations, who dares to make bold decisions, and whose ears perk up at the prospect of a challenge, then Amazon is a place where your career can flourish.
When working at Amazon, your ability to make a difference and take ownership of your career begins on day one. You can expect a collaborative, team-driven environment that encourages employees to learn, be curious, and have a bias for action. Part of this propensity for continuous learning shows itself in Amazon’s strong encouragement of movement and growth within the Accounting department and within the company as a whole. We aim to hire and develop those who will raise the bar over the course of their career at Amazon (and not just in their first position). Amazon’s accounting group offers opportunities at the Accountant level in Legal Entity & Intercompany, Accounting Policy & Reporting, Operations and Capital, Transportation, Payments & Merchant Services, Retail Operations, Digital, and AWS Accounting.
This position will have responsibility for:
- Supporting various aspects of our accounting and reporting process.
- Understanding accounting and financial principles and how to apply them.
- Understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
- Execute judgments to keep projects moving and ensure the right decisions are reached to close the books each month.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Analysis of complex processes and systems data.
- CPA (or equivalent)
- Accounting management experience with Big Four (public) with Fortune 500 clients
- Operational accounting experience with one or more Fortune 500 companies for two or more years
- Working knowledge of the COSO internal control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
- Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification
- Experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or complex company
- Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
- Demonstrated history of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges
- Aptitude for team leadership—influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- Natural propensity for organization and an aptitude for information technology
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.