- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience in Accounting, Finance or other related role.
- Experience working in cross-functional environments and leading projects from end to end.
- CPA, CA and/or working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Database experience including proficiency in SQL coding across standard commercial databases (e.g., SAP, MySQL etc.).
- Telco industry or construction planning experience in an operational accounting role.
- Experience in driving process improvement and other project management experience.
About the job
As an Accountant in the Google Fiber/Access team, you will partner with cross-functional stakeholders to support and directly contribute to Google Fiber’s growth by providing financial accounting support across the growing portfolio of products and initiatives. You will be empowered to drive efficiency improvements in our month end close and reporting processes.
As a member of this team, you will know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You will be involved in many different accounting aspects of Google Fiber, reviewing, posting, and analyzing journal entries; solving system and process gaps; and playing an integral role in the monthly close process, providing insights to the Google Fiber Controller. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports.
Everyday is a new challenge, and you will continually look for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you will collaborate with our national team, advocate best practices and be ready to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck.
- Prepare and present financial information related to month-end close as well as any ad hoc requests from FP&A and the business.
- Partner with Supply Chain and Finance teams to understand industry, product, and business related trends, articulate risks and implement approved solutions.
- Identify, create, and measure process improvements that automate manual steps, consolidate bespoke processes, and scale with growth. Influence executives and stakeholders to close gaps in control frameworks and develop scalable solutions. Document processes, ensure performance of key controls, and obtain/provide support as necessary. Participate in system design and testing when applicable.
- Create solutions related to areas of risk and document risk mitigation plans.
- Collaborate with technical accounting to ensure we are appropriately accounting for new initiatives in the Fiber business and help document the related accounting memos and policies.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.