Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Responsible for the general accounting function including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account reconciliations. Verify and submit payroll data for processing. Enter accounts payable invoices and process payments. Assist with monthly closings and account analysis and support the Site Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
- Controls three-way match between purchase orders, receipts and invoices and processes invoices/credit notes for payment.
- Posts daily lockbox receipts report to individual Accounts Receivable ledgers.
- Manages weekly payment runs.
- Verifies payroll data in Kronos and submits for approval.
- Prepares supporting calculations and enters general ledger journal entries.
- Records intercompany recharges and performs monthly reconciliation for the purposes of Group reporting.
- Prepares, maintains and reviews monthly accruals and cost center allocations.
- Maintains and reconciles accurate ledgers and accounts.
- Assist in preparation of month end reports, annual budget and other required ad-hoc reports.
- Calculate sales and use tax due on purchases.
- Update cost data with current information.
- Reviews and reconciles Travel and Entertainment expense claims in Concur system.
- Other duties as assigned
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Associates Degree in Business/Accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience