The Accounting Manager IC position is an individual contributor position that reports to the Accounting Manager. This position requires the individual to collaborate with cross functional teams in Treasury, External Reporting, Technical Accounting, FCG, and across the Operational Accounting teams. This position would represent the Operational Accounting team as a functional expert on debt matters, applying current accounting standards and SEC reporting requirements to ensure proper application in T-Mobile’s close and consolidation process; collaborates with the debt accounting manager to manage departmental initiatives and guide their implementation; and develops streamlined reporting processes encompassing both the SAP and PeopleSoft ledgers.
- Enterprise Projects:
- Represent and advocate the cause and concerns of the Corporate Accounting team on Enterprise projects.
- Ensure appropriate requirements are developed and communicated based on a solid understanding of the impacted systems & transactional flows.
- Responsible for understanding and creating operational processes for the functionality delivered on enterprise projects, including assessing the control environment and potential audit concerns.
- Accountable for identifying and communicating risks and issues impacting accounting processes arising from the project implementation.
- Provide review and constructive feedback of work performed by other project team members and maintain positive relationships.
- Analyze data, identify problem areas, design, lead and manage projects to facilitate work efficiencies and reduce time and effort spent on low value-added activities.
- Participate in monthly accounting close activities, record and/or approve journal entries, perform account reconciliation and reviews and explain GL variances in a timely manner.
- Review and assess control environment within the team and recommend measures to improve them, wherever required.
- Ensure timely execution of assigned SOX controls.
- Solid understanding of ERP systems (PS and SAP) including sub-modules.
- Train and promote understanding of departmental processes and tools amongst business stakeholders
- Responsible for supporting and driving assigned department goals and vision
- Strong foundation in accounting theory/policies
- Able to process large volumes of data, perform necessary analysis to identify problem areas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to Accounting Leadership and other Sr. Management employees (Directors and VP’s)
- Work experience in accounting and reporting systems such as SAP, PS, BPC or Blackline, a plus
- Proficiency in MS office applications (Excel, Power Point)
- Self-motivated, positive work attitude and an eagerness to learn
- Strong organizational and time management skills including multi-tasking and prioritizing workload
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting experience
- 1-2 years of Project Management or consulting experience a plus
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.