What you need to know:
We are seeking an actuarial professional with industry expertise to assist with pricing the Tesla Insurance Services PL Auto business. The Actuary will be responsible for profitability studies, portfolio deep dives, working with product managers and underwriters on pricing model development & enhancements. They will implement best practices analytical techniques, partner with data scientists in assessing the impact of loss trends and claims emergence, and partner with underwriters in assessing the impact of changes in appetite and portfolio mix.
- Analyze the profitability of the PL Auto book of business
- Work closely with product management to develop pricing and underwriting strategies and identify pockets of profitable growth opportunities.
- Monitor rate, exposure, retention, new, lost business changes. Monitor loss trends and relevant industry/regulatory changes and effectively communicate to the management.
- Provide business solutions to maximize risk adjusted profit. Develop analytical tools to help business effectively manage existing portfolios.
- Complete reserve development
- Research and develop advanced pricing techniques.
- Research and develop best practices pricing techniques to be implemented across the business.
- Experience in developing and interpreting GLMs in pricing.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related area
- ACAS or FCAS
- 7 years or more experience in [commercial casualty lines (e.g. GL, Excess, and Auto) or professional lines] pricing preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL, SAS, Python, R, or other programming languages preferred
- Strong business and collaboration skills and responsive to service needs and operational demands
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.