It takes more than steel, advanced electronics and engine thrust to make the F-35 Lightning II, the world’s fifth generation fighter, take flight. It is the Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) that gives F-35 Lightning II operators the ability to plan ahead, to maintain, to plan and sustain its systems over the life of the air vehicle. ALIS provides the IT backbone and capabilities to support current and future Warfighters across the U.S. and allied military services.
Joining the Lockheed Martin ALIS team immediately opens a world of educational and experiential development opportunities for you. Tuition Assistance is available for undergraduate and graduate degree programs as wells as professional and technical certifications to help you gain the specialized skills for personal and professional growth. Professionally, ALIS IT Service administrators develop skills of our many domestic US or expanding number of International locations. For the adventurous, temporary travel opportunities allow you to provide support at other locations and aboard ships deploying with the system. With experience, leadership opportunities become available as squadron leads, technical experts, and functional personnel leaders. At Lockheed Martin, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values you, your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
This role is primarily for a System Administrator for the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) at the National ALIS Support Center at Eglin AFB, FL. In this role, you will provide System Administration support to ALIS Administrators at remote F-35 sites through Centralized Administration, email, or telephone. As problems are elevated to the NASC, the NASC Administrator opens a trouble ticket in the LM JIRA instance and updates status until closed, accepted by Engineering, or a Problem Tracking Report (PTR) is created as a response to the issue. All NASC Administrators are expected to become versed in the other ALIS disciplines as a matter of efficiency.
A level 2 employee Typically has a minimum of 2 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Candidates must hold an active DoD Secret clearance with a background investigation closure date within the last 6 years and be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
The successful candidate must:
- Have, or be able to obtain, and retain DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CySA+, CCNA Security, etc.)
- Have prior ALIS System Administrator experience
- Be willing to work varied shifts and flexible schedules to meet customer mission requirements, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600, 1000-1900, and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs
- Have the following relevant experience:
1) Experience with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) hardware and software
2) Be able to execute and troubleshoot database SQL/PL_SQL scripts, and report/correct findings and issues to the development team.
3) Be able to help identify software failures, troubleshoot help identify workarounds, report/correct findings to the development team
- Familiarity with the use of Splunk and Splunk dash boards
- Demonstrated system administration experience, which may include:
- Disaster recovery: backups and restores of physical servers (Win 2012) and virtual machines
- User Account Maintenance (Active Directory)
- Maintaining/upgrading system hardware and startup/shutdown of rack components
- Applying operating system updates, anti-virus/anti-spyware updates, and patch updates
- Experience troubleshooting Web Applications
- Understanding of Network Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model Layers.
- Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) systems and supported protocols
- Familiarity with Lockheed Martin products and processes, to include the JSF ALIS hardware and software
- Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration process background
- Excellent Communication, verbal skills, patience, and positive attitude that facilitates a pleasant user support experience.
- Have prior formal or informal team leadership experience
- Self Starter & the ability to multitask within ALIS and able to augment non-database tasks/support on ALIS.
- JBOSS Application Server Familiarity
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.