At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you! Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Assists the Key Manager of Risk Management by identifying market risks, analyzing and quantifying risk levels and changes in the Gas, Power and Environmental trading portfolio, ensuring that these businesses operate with predefined limits and communicating risk issues to Stakeholders.
- Measure/analyze changes in risk positions, VaR, option Greeks and other risk metrics
- Develop intimate knowledge of the gas industry, financial derivatives and products
- Learn and understand gas trading business and Upstream portfolio strategies
- Maintain a dialog with traders to understand commercial strategies and to communicate any risk issues related to Trading activities
- Assess risks and rewards of portfolios and strategies and work with the Commercial teams to optimize the ratio
- Monitor compliance with risk limits, identify and communicate potential risk concentrations, limit exceedances and large exposures to Commercial and Risk management
- Monitor compliance with Trader controls and Compliance policies
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Responsible for daily valuation and position reporting of risk portfolio. Identifies, comprehends and captures the risk of all trades into the risk books. Monitors and analyzes the organization’s market risk exposure on a day-to-day basis for various physical and financial products.
2. Build and maintain an active dialogue with traders to understand and quantify emerging market risks and hedge strategies for their respective portfolios.
3. Understand structured transactions and how they are reflected in current Risk Systems. Partner with all functional areas to identify, evaluate, and monitor risk exposure. Challenge the adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
4. Analyze VaR, position limits, stress tests, and scenario analysis related to the portfolios.
5. Keep abreast of market trends and drivers and industry events.
- Excellent academic background. Strong knowledge of statistics, financial modeling, and options theory.
- 2-3 years of experience in energy or financial product risk management
- Sound analytical problem solving and data analysis skills, with attention to detail
- Strong organization and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and adapt to the changing needs of the business
- Experienced in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate (oral and written) with and add value to the business
- Highly motivated, self-starter with ability to lead, work independently and/or participate as a team member on multi-part projects with little oversight
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline (such as accounting, mathematics, sciences, economics, finance, or engineering)
- Completed MBA a plus
- Experience with VBA and SQL a plus
- Ability to link company strategy and the risk management implications
- Knowledge of Constellation systems such as NTPlot, SecDB, RMSys, Pinnacle, etc.
- Knowledge of Trading processes, operations and practices
- Reports to the Director Risk Management
- Focuses on market risk management for trading and retail activities
- Identifies key risks in the business to help avoid substantial losses and surprises
- Coordinates closely with commercial, other key areas of Risk and Market Risk Managers
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm</p>