At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Production Billing function is responsible for creating and managing retail gas invoices for customers throughout North America. Within the team, the Production Billing associate provides subject matter expertise of the billing processes and is responsible for overseeing and creating retail gas invoices by prioritizing, analyzing, and resolving system generated work queues within the Billing application, analyzing and resolving issues within the unbilled reports, resolving invoice processing errors, and providing customer level support. The analyst is also responsible for assisting management with the identification and implementation of system and process improvements, as well as metrics level reporting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Review, analyze and resolve open work queues to enable accurate and timely invoicing of customers.
- Provide customer level support by researching and responding to customer inquiries, including providing customer specific management, reporting, and account reconciliations.
- Review, analyze, and resolve unbilled cycles, including working with other functional groups as needed.
- Oversee the process for customer specific manual and summary bills.
- Provide metrics reporting and identification of issues, impacts and trends.
- Identify billing discrepancies and take necessary actions to resolve.
- Ensure that all Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) Key Controls and other company policies are followed
- Bachelor’s degree required, although candidates with 5 or more years in equivalent business experience will be considered
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external parties as required
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation, serving internal and external clients
- Excellent attention to detail knowing others will depend on it being correct
- Capable of working independently and taking ownership of responsibilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills – ability to organize and prioritize a fast-paced, heavy workload
- Adapt to changing markets, systems, and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management, Management Information Technology or Supply Chain management
- Prior experience in the retail energy industry using CRM and/or Order-to-Cash workflow systems
- Working knowledge of UDC/ISO market EDI transactions
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Access and/or SQL database query development
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster