As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Risk Advisors (RA) is a small surgical risk team whose objective is to provide risk advice and remove roadblocks for our product partners. The key results the team hold ourselves to is that our product partners are able to successfully meet their objectives while managing their risk.
Given the wide differences in product goals and objectives, the RA Analyst can expect a very broad variety and spectrum of work efforts and projects. While helping the product organization manage risk is a key result, RA team members often find themselves having to balance multiple conflicting goals between maintaining compliance and pushing for updated rules to support innovation, speed of execution versus following proper processes. This is where the individual’s ability to think critically and outside the box become very important in resolving these conflicts and delivering a path forward to “YES”.
As a key member of the RA team, the Analyst will have to work closely with their assigned product function to understand their objectives and key result indicators. A risk support framework will then be put together where the Analyst’s key result indicators would be closely aligned with the objectives of the product function while managing the risk.
The role will report directly to the Vice President of Risk Advisors.
- Work closely with the business to understand their goals and objectives.
- Frame how Risk can provide the appropriate support to resolve the challenges faced by the business that are impeding their ability to meet specific business goals.
- Create support model and projects in collaboration with the business to mitigate these challenges.
- Collaborate cross functionally within the risk organization as well as across other functions in supporting the business in the ideation, development and implementation of solutions.
- Become the go-to person and single point of contact within Risk for the assigned product function to help remove roadblocks.
- Proactively identify key areas of business risks, process inefficiencies, and product vulnerabilities and share with the respective areas of concerns.
- Partner cross-functionally with Risk Business Partners, Payment Fraud Disruption, Analytics, Risk Strategy etc. to mitigate these identified improvement opportunities.
- Provide risk assessments and approvals on behalf of the Risk organization independently or as a risk stakeholder in the NBIA process.
- Support global Risk Managers by sharing product information such as best practices on an ad hoc basis.
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- B.A. or B.S. degree required
- Experience developing new methodologies, thinking strategically and critically, and prioritizing and managing multiple priorities
- Approaches problems with a can do attitude, never believing solutions are impossible to formulate
- Analytical, organized, accurate, and detail oriented with fact based consultative discipline to weigh business tradeoffs and its associated risks while able to manage under uncertainty.
- Well-organized and able to operate across complex cross functional areas
- Strong written and in-person communication skills, including ability to develop business documentation and presentations to communicate business concepts to technical audiences
- General knowledge of Visa’s business model, payment processes and products/services a plus
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Relocation assistance will not be offered