- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with developing internal business applications and business integration.
- Experience working with various Internet technologies such as Borg, CloudSQL and Spanner.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience implementing, customizing and integrating third-party applications in the supply chain and/or sales space.
- Extensive experience in multiple full system implementation life cycles (e.g., analyze, design, build, test, implement, support).
- Experience with enterprise application suites.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, and a demonstrable bias toward action.
About the job
At Google, we work at lightning speed. So when things get in the way of progress, the Business Systems Integration team steps in to remove those roadblocks. The team identifies time-consuming internal processes and then builds solutions that are reliable and scalable enough to work within the size and scope of the company. You listen to and translate Googler needs into high-level technical specifications, design and develop recommended systems and consult with Google executives to ensure smooth implementation. Whether battling large system processes or leveraging our homegrown suite of Google products for Googlers themselves, you help Googlers work faster and more efficiently.
As an Application Engineer, you will be responsible for leading our efforts to build and integrate our supply chain systems and platforms. You will develop expertise in Google technologies and frameworks as well as third party tools, and leverage these to develop next generation solutions for the Devices & Services organization. Your role will encompass complete ownership of solutions, including design, architecture and implementation.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people’s lives better through technology.
- Drive the design and architecture of new applications.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to team members to solve complex problems and oversee usage of best practices and technologies.
- Partner with business and analyst teams to define and implement solutions that improve internal business processes.
- Build solutions with custom frontends and backend services that automate business processes.
- Integrate third party products into internal systems, and support/upgrade implemented systems.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.