- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience building data pipelines for internal and external business applications.
- 2 years of third party Application Architecture experience.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 7 years of experience in software development.
- 3 years of experience in analytics and automation.
- Experience operating telecom or service-provider networks.
- Architectural knowledge of Billing or CRM systems in telecom or service-provider networks.
About the job
As an Application Engineer on the team, you will define platform wide architectural choices, laying the common infrastructure for business teams to build their solutions, including API, data structure, and security models to power Google Access efficiently and reliably to ensure that our internal and external users stay connected with our suite of products and services.
- Work with system architects, software engineers, product managers and business stakeholders to create and review business requirements, end-to-end engineering estimates and specifications, and system evolution roadmaps.
- Take responsibility for make-vs-buy decisions for cross-cutting concerns and system modules.
- Develop strategy for integration with other third-party and home-grown services and define end-to-end architectural guidelines/standards.
- Provide input into proper resource and schedule management frameworks used by project stakeholders, technical program managers, and engineering managers.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.