Novation Tek, Inc. provides full-range IT consulting services and solutions that enable clients to operate in a highly efficient, secure, and effective manner. We provide custom-tailored solutions that fit each client’s operational requirements while striving to establish lasting partnerships and relationships.
Novation Tek, Inc. is a small company that finds value in closeness and fulfillment both professionally and personally with our staff. We strive to respect and maintain work-life balances of our staff, and shape our compensation, benefits, and resources to revolve around that concept. We believe that our staff serves as the makeup and differentiator for the company, so we strive to seek to improve our plan and do our best to meet their needs. We believe that high-quality work comes from happy individuals – professionals who are fully supported by a company who truly invests in them.
If this sounds like the environment for you, please download and fill out the application form at NovationTek.com Once completed, please email the form along with your resume to [email protected]
Novation Tek, Inc. offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check and fingerprints).
Novation Tek, Inc. is seeking a candidate to fill one opening on a one (1) year contract. A successful candidate must have experience performing the following.
Part-Time Application Support Engineer (Remote)
7+ years’ experience in application design changes, updates, rewrites, restores, and/or any necessary modifications, integration, migration or conversions. Examples supporting the following type of applications:
- An application used to store documents as a portable document formats (PDFs), to provide fast web word search capability.
- An application used to input and track statuses over a secured virtual private network (VPN) connection. Written on an active server pages (ASP) in Microsoft Windows 2008 llS 7 Web, which stores data in a SQL 2008 database with at least 17,500 records.
- Web Content Management Portal consists of eight (8) sub- sites for maintaining content written using .NET 4.0, Web Forms, AJAX, LINQ and SQL Server 2008 R2.
- AN application hosted on a cloud services with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- An application used to provide tracking/measuring of workload/productivity, and reporting tools. Written on .NET 4 Windows application and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- An analytical thinker with ability to assess resource requirements to support an implementation
- Excellent oral/written communication and organization skills
- Security+ certification (Preferred)
- Answer incoming queue calls and voicemail messages
- Support Microsoft exchange server upgrades
- Support applications design changes, updates, rewrites, restores, and/or any necessary modifications, integration, migration or conversions.
- Utilize the IT electronic ticketing system to open, close, resolution, escalation, and tracking all user requests.
- Monitor queue regularly and dispense tickets to the fellow employees.
- Provide first-line support to all locations, including troubleshooting PC hardware, standardized and proprietary software, telephones, mobile devices, VPN and network printers utilizing historical database records and technical expertise.
- Provide network and application upgrade support to ensure current standards of security and accessibility to data are met.
- Provide support for upgrades of hardware and/or software.
- Provide support For the Record (FTR) software and recording configuration within the network.
- Provide maintenance and support for Voice over IP equipment and systems.
- 25 hours / week role and a willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Novation Tek, Inc. unequivocally rejects racism and discrimination of any kind and fosters an environment of belonging to provide access and opportunity for all. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Primary Client Site
1031 18th Street
Sacramento, CA 95811-4124
Regional Client Site
Oakland, CA 94612-2514
Regional Client Site
425 W Broadway
Glendale, CA 91204-4118
Work hours: Flexible
Novation Tek, Inc.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: From $38.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)
- 1 year
- Fully Remote
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)