A Solution Architect is a major contributor to the project pursuit and implementation success. The Solution Architect must be effective in fostering internal and customer relationships. The Solution Architect is engaged in many responsibilities including gather, analyze, and document customer requirements to deeply understand and define their needs recognizing any inconsistency, assumptions and identify critical elements.
The Solution Architect takes advantage of their knowledge and Microsoft collective knowledge to identify and propose the best possible solution and ultimately the desired Customer outcome. They facilitate and accelerate the decision process, considering the customer’s business strategy, drivers, business requirements and challenges; whilst bearing in mind the relevant industry trends and Product roadmaps.
The SA is a key contributor to the success of a Customer pursuit as well as Project implementation, from the requirements analysis, system configuration, gaps definition, tests enablement to the go-live support. The Solution Architect works hand in hand with members of the project Team, be it Microsoft including the Product group and other team members, Partners, and Customer employees.
A Microsoft Solution Architect demonstrates a Growth Mindset on a daily base. They contribute to best practices and share lessons learned to with the global Microsoft community.
- In depth experience in business process including Manufacturing, Finance, Retail and Supply Chain.
- Drive client workshops to demonstrate product capabilities and gather customer requirements
- Analyze requirements and design technical solutions to meet business goals, objectives and functional/non-functional requirements in alignment with architectural standards
- Be responsible for leading and/or development tasks related to Dynamics 365 Operations and Finance (ERP)
- Working with other team members and leaders, proactively identify and mitigate/resolve risks and issues
- Contribute best practices, lessons learned and IP from projects to the global community with focus on continuous improvement
- Foster senior level client relationships and engage with senior level client stakeholders to gather requirements, develop plans and drive solution success
- Develop appropriate requirements, design, testing and deployment documentation to support the solution delivery
- Excellent stakeholder management, communication and executive presentation skills
- Knowledge of competing products and industry standard implementation methodologies
- Holistic solution, design, architecture, data migration and integration skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- 5 years of relevant work experience, with 3+ implementation of CRM-ERP solution such as Dynamics, SAP, Oracle, Infor, Lawson, Salesforce.com, etc.) across multiple industries.
- Excellent English communication skills
- Deliver effective strategic presentations to audiences of varied sizes and possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Position location: Any major US City/ Canada or Latin America
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.