Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Asset Liability Management Advisor Lead (Remote Work Location Available) for the San Antonio Home Office I.
Proven ability to lead cross functional teams. Teaches and mentors others about complex financial processes. Leads design, development, implementation and management of USAA Interest Rate Risk models. Drives and motivates team members to provide advanced analytics and insights around key business drivers. Assists management in assigning team tasks and managing workflow. Serves as a subject matter expert in the field of interest rate risk reporting and management for Banks or Bank Holding Companies or Life Company and internal and external auditors. Independently assesses and appropriately communicates changes in interest rate risk regulatory proposals and rules and will play a critical role in leading and performing interest rate risk management functions, and in achieving and maintaining interest rate risk compliance.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers – Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Leads cross-functional teams: performing measurement, monitoring, and controls of interest rate exposures for USAA LOB or at the enterprise level. Partners with Risk & Compliance partners, Senior Financial Officers and Product Managers to provide analytics and support for interest rate risk and product profitability models that assist in the development of strategic planning for USAA.
- Leads development and management of analytical models to explain the change in values of assets and liabilities and provide attribution and sensitivity analyses for all inputs and assumptions that may drive gains or losses.
- Models, analyzes, and reports re-pricing mismatches, basis risk, yield curve risk, and options risk. Develops recommendations for hedging strategies to mitigate exposures in excess of tolerances.
- Serve as a primary resource for cross-functional team members to maintain the model(s) used to manage interest rate risk at the Bank or Bank Holding companies or Life Insurance companies. Ensures all assumptions and inputs for interest rate risk modeling are consistently applied within the Bank or Life Insurance LOB and across the enterprise. Performs model governance activities consistent with best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Consistently interacts with senior management becoming their trusted advisor on financial issues. Make recommendations to solve day-to-day, as well as strategic financial business problems.
- Lead generation of Board of Directors Interest Rate Risk Management reporting packages such as quarterly CALM or monthly ALCO. Represents Treasury with Risk and other Partners across the Enterprise.
- Researches, analyzes, and communicates the requirements and impacts of regulations affecting interest rate risk management and reporting activities. Maintains solid understanding of evolving regulatory requirements that may include OCC, FDIC, NAIC, Basel III, ORSA and the Federal Reserve’s regulations regarding interest rate risk management for U.S. savings and loans, insurance companies, holding companies, and the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Leads development of policies and procedures for Bank or Life and Enterprise interest rate risk management.
- Develops implementation strategies and recommendations and serves as a subject matter expert on Enterprise and/or Bank/Life ALM efforts.
- Teaches and mentors others about complex processes, business drivers and systems ensuring information sharing and knowledge transfers. Reviews analysts work and assists management in assigning tasks and managing workflow.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Computer Science, or a related field required; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in corporate treasury finance position in banking or insurance OR If Master’s degree, a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a corporate treasury or finance position in banking or insurance.
- Minimum of 4 years’ in a position directly related to asset liability management or interest rate risk management.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- ALM experience in Treasury or Enterprise role for a large US financial institution
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience working with financial modeling tools (i.e., R, Python, etc.)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 11/05/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.