Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For over 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
UPS Industrial is searching for an Assistant Coordinator to join our Personnel Resource office team in Deer Park. This position will be responsible for administrative duties in a high volume on-boarding setting to help the organization meet manpower requirements.
- Contact all assigned manpower
- Data Entry for all training certifications, test scores, etc. for each employee processed
- Provide management with requested updates
- Dispatch assigned craft personnel
- Become familiar with the details of upcoming projects and the timing of projects coming to an end
- Schedule manpower for Safety Council, drug screening, background checks, medical testing, etc.
- Complete Help Desk tickets
- Complete I-9 as needed
- Collect appropriate per diem documentation and calculate mileage
- Scan employee credentials and identification
- Build and maintain relationships with current and prospective employees
- Enter data into company systems
- Other functions may be assigned as needed by Supervision
- Industrial experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to pass drug screen and a background check.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to accept instructions/delegation and perform in a fast paced, high pressure setting.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Good computer and database skills