Oversees the operations for the College of Health & Wellness
The College of Health & Wellness at Johnson & Wales University is expanding to address the demands of the growing health and wellness industry. All programs within the college emphasize science, team-based healthcare, determinants of health, humanistic health care and hands on learning. The college strives to provide students with the knowledge, skills and opportunities for success in clinical, community and emerging practice areas. This is an exciting time to join our team.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees the programs within the College of Health & Wellness to monitor program quality and maintain compliance with internal academic policies and the accrediting bodies of the university
- Supports clinical and interprofessional education among College of Health & Wellness programs
- Oversees the implementation of best practices in the facilitation of program accreditation for the College of Health & Wellness
- Assists with the creation and delivery of the strategic plan for the College of Health & Wellness, as well as with other academic initiatives that support the university’s mission, vision and strategic plan
- Oversees the student experience within the undergraduate and graduate programs for the College of Health & Wellness, including admissions and retention efforts, student advising and experiential education
- Serves on university committees and councils as needed
- Oversees the implementation and use of outcomes assessment processes that create data to drive decision-making processes for the College of Health & Wellness
- Assists with the recruitment and hiring of full-time and adjunct faculty
- Manages the curriculum and instruction in the College of Health & Wellness to maintain academic integrity and rigor; oversees curriculum development at the college and department levels
- Assists with departmental budget
- Supervises and develops department employees, facilitating professional opportunities to improve individual capability and managing performance against job accountabilities, department goals and established university, campus and department policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Earned doctorate
- Moderate amount of experience working in curriculum development, specialized accreditation, academic administration or in other related work
- Three or more years of administrative experience
- Experience with clinical programs and accreditation
Embracing diversity for a richly inclusive community is a Guiding Principle at JWU. Our students, faculty and staff have varied backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that unite us as one community and contribute to our success. We are committed to enhancing the diversity of our workforce teams and we encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Advertised: 15 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time