The position will report directly into the VP, Divisional General Manager.
Essential Functions of the Job Include:
Strategic Support for Divisional Leadership and Operating Teams (50% of the time)
- Lead the development and execution of the Divisional Strategic Operating Plan (DSOP)
- Co-lead and drive the agenda for the Divisional Operating Team (DOT)
- Connect brand strategies to local operational priorities for regional guidance and executional excellence
- In partnership with Customer & Market Insights colleagues, the divisional marketer will determine the analytic plan to support identification of divisional variation and business opportunities
- Align with divisional leadership on investments and allocation of commercial initiatives to support regional business plans and strategic account plans
- Guidance for strategic account planning
- DGM connector to home office
- Support development of DGM presentations at Summit/Divisional Mtgs/ Town Halls and Leadership Offsites
- Support Divisional program strategy, execution, targeting, and pull-through
- Support Regional Directors with Opex planning
Marketing Initiatives (30% of the time)
- Translate national strategy to optimize for divisional specific needs
- Identify gaps in current marketing plans
- Create and guide targeting, and implementation of strategic pilot initiatives Set the strategic marketing plan and integrated product planning process to support the divisional strategy
- Develop strategic insights and subsequent strategic plans to support brand/portfolio priorities
- Utilize local insights and Divisional level data to proactively deliver actionable marketing mix recommendations, marketing solutions, promotional effectiveness considerations and strategic implications that will help inform Divisional activation of the national MS Portfolio Strategy through the Divisional Operational Priorities, down to the Region, Territory, and Key Account Level.
- The Divisional Marketer will develop personal and non-personal tactics specific to their Division and partner with Training to tailor and target roll-out of those tactics. Where business opportunities have applicability across Divisions, the Divisional Marketing team will advocate for relevant initiatives at the MSLT level to ensure it is incorporated into the national plan in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with a peer team of brand and franchise marketers to operationalize execution of multi-channel and/or unique resources/tactics needed to address Divisional opportunities with a goal of advancing Biogen business.
Connector Between Field and Marketing (20% of the time)
- Field’s connector to home office with regular contact
- Generates real time field insights
- Strong understanding of local competitive dynamics
- Pull through branded/franchise strategies and execution
- Synthesize and prioritize field requests to ensure alignment with brand strategies
- Through extensive customer-facing interactions (~25% customer-facing time expected), the candidate will bring additional value by understanding important customer challenges and opportunities within an assigned Division and actively help strengthen key customer relationships.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of:
- Strong personal drive and an action-oriented approach with demonstrated ability to synthesize customer needs with business needs, problem solve and execute the plan
- Strategic Thinking – Able to independently identify/develop the ideal approach to solve moderately to highly complex marketing or cross-functional projects with limited guidance
- Strong marketing background with examples of successfully leading diverse cross functional teams in the development and execution of tactical initiatives.
- Strong Project Management – Deliver clear integrated local multi-channel, multi-audience plans that support MS Portfolio Strategy and can be effectively implemented
- Strong Communication skills – Both efficient and succinct in verbal and written communications
- Cross-Functional Collaboration– Able to collaborate effectively with various functional partners to probe/ask questions, gather required information for analysis and participate as a value-added cross-functional partner
- Operates well in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment and can shape the role into a strong position of influence without direct authority
- Innovative Thinking – Ability to think innovatively and make decisions based on the optimal customer experience
- Independent – Able to manage workload with limited guidance and support in prioritization; effective managing to expectations and ability to scope/prioritize work
- Executive Presence – High comfort in delivering and defending recommendations to senior management; ability to deliver succinct, effective messages both in verbal and written (i.e., executive summary) formats
- Preferably have customer-facing experience, as well as the ability to assimilate key insights and consequences of such insights to share across national and divisional teams.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in commercial space, preferably in healthcare/pharma, with at least 2 years within marketing function and 2 years within a US affiliate. Proven track record of taking strategy to execution (channel agnostic) within the US or a major market.
- Strong customer understanding and focus
- Strong collaboration, communication, and project management skills
- Highly self-motivated, confident, high-energy, and bright individual
- Excellent strategic thinking capabilities with strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- MBA Preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.