Adaptive Optics Associates – Xinetics (AOA Xinetics), a wholly-owned Northrop Grumman Space Systems, Payload and Ground Systems Division Business Venture, is currently seeking an Associate Electrical Engineer to support Special Programs business activities in East Hartford CT.
AOA Xinetics (AOX) is a leader in developing ‘smart’ electro-optical and opto-mechanical products. Across its three Business Areas Xinetics, Image Metrology and Special Programs, AOX designs, manufactures and services optical & photonic solutions world-wide. Our customers include Government, Industrial, U.S. Defense Primes and Second-tier Contractors; Markets for these technologies include astronomy, logistics, and defense missions such as directed energy and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (i.e. ISR); several potential direct and adjacent market segments also exist.
AOX excels in a range of applications from adaptive optical systems, deformable mirrors, wavefront sensors, and sub-nanometer precision actuators to photonic systems that acquire and process data in real time for a variety of high-availability applications. AOX’s market offerings include lightweight passive and active CERAFORMTM and CERAPRINTTM silicon carbide (SiC) optics and precision structures as well as large and small precision opto-mechanical systems supporting electronics and sophisticated controls software.
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, the Associate Electrical Engineer is a member of an interdisciplinary team of engineers and scientists working on a variety of design and development projects. The successful candidate should have internships, academic projects, class work and work related experience with electrical design concepts and methodologies, as well as have the ability to learn and development electronic design, integration, and documentation skills.
- Collaborate with senior electrical engineers, software engineers, and other engineering disciplines in support of electronic design and prototype of multi-layer PCBs, electromechanical products, and optical systems
- Become part of team designing, developing, and testing electrical components, equipment, and systems
- Become familiar with electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and other markets
- Complete tasks according to schedule, budget, cost, and design objectives provided by senior engineers
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years of experience including senior projects, internship(s), or co-op experience, etc
- Working knowledge of:
- Analog & Digital Hardware Design
- Microcontrollers such as: STM32 ARM Cortex or MicroChip PIC
- Programmable logic such as: CPLDs or Xilinx FPGA
- Design simulation using SPICE
- Motion control concepts
- Communication such as: Ethernet, UART, CAN, USB, I2C, or SPI
- Embedded firmware using C or VHDL
- Proficient MS Office skills
- US Citizenship is requirement for employee
- Must have the ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance
- Hardware design experience
- Schematic capture using Mentor Graphics DxDesigner
- Familiarity in the use of oscilloscopes, function generators, DMM and JTAG development tools
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.