The development of innovative and intelligent armament systems, designed to protect and enable our armed forces, is accelerating. This has increased the need for engineers who have a passion for technology development, paired with demonstrated expertise in process excellence. These engineers will drive to continually outperform the competition and exceed customer expectations while acting with integrity, loyalty, and respect.
As an Associate Software Engineer you will perform software design, development, analysis, and test under the supervision of an experienced engineering mentor.
- Develop real time embedded C/C++ code for Microchip, Atmel, or TI microprocessor/DSP per specifications defining the capabilities and interfaces
- Generate and unit test code using IAR Integrated Development Environment, Code Composer or equivalent on a custom breadboard in a lab setting. Integrate multiple software items into a reliable working system
- Contribute to creation of clear and professional plan, specification, design, test and release documentation per DoD standards
- Create PC support applications / tools using Visual Studio, MATLAB, LabVIEW, python, etc.
- Perform various types of analysis such as data, memory, algorithm and throughput analysis
- Follow CMMI compliant software processes
- 0-2 years of experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with C / C++ and understand the qualities of well-designed, clear and efficient software
- Have followed and understand the benefit of good software engineering processes
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to take work direction and, with oversight, take a task to completion
- Proficient use of personal computers using the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Must be a U.S. citizen and qualify for a U.S. Government security clearance
- Experience developing embedded software
- Computer / Electrical Engineering understanding, comfortable working with tools such as function generators and oscilloscopes
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to present data and information to large audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing, short turn-around environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.