- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, accounting, mathematics, economics, similar field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Currently in your final year of undergraduate studies.
- Coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., finance, business administration, accounting, mathematics, computer science, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated problem solving, organizational, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to start by July 2021.
About the job
As an Associate Finance Analyst, your work, whether it’s driving projects forward or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. You will focus on the details and assist your team to find creative ways to take on big picture challenges. You’ll liaise between the Finance team with the functional areas it supports.
As part of this 2-year program, you’ll be placed in four-6 month rotations across Finance. The program provides a unique opportunity to learn from diverse Finance teams. As a part of this program, you’ll harness your business acumen and technical skills to design, implement and operate the processes that support and enable Google’s growing business and next innovations.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Participate in cross-functional projects, program activities such as offsites, and Google professional development programming.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, identify gaps, reconcile conflicts, and determine risks before executing a project.
- Assist with process improvement initiatives across Finance.
- Work with large data volumes to automate reporting and create simple-to-use dashboards.
- Use Google’s internal tools to architect metrics, solve problems, and influence executive decision making.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.