Associate Product Counsel – Ads (San Francisco, Boulder)
Who We Are:
Product Counsel are key advisors to Twitter’s product and engineering teams, and also work closely with policy and business colleagues. We are passionate about the law and growing our business in a way that makes us proud.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide legal advice to Twitter’s Revenue product and engineering teams from the initial stages of product development to launch and beyond
- Help build scalable and effective processes for providing legal input to clients on strategic product initiatives for the company’s multi-billion dollar ads business (including, for example, Ad Formats, Ads Transparency, Ad Review, Ad Measurement, Advertiser Product Experience, Ads API, User Modeling, Prediction, Identity Bridging, Revenue Platform, and Billing & Payments)
- Work collaboratively across multiple functions, including Product, Engineering, Trust & Safety, Policy, Communications, and Sales
- Stay up-to-date on relevant U.S. and international laws and regulations, especially those related to privacy and content regulation
Who You Are:
Product Counsel must have a deep understanding of Twitter’s products and business, and an ability to guide clients with clear, practical advice in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for people who are collaborative, self-motivated, curious, creative, and clear communicators (both written and verbal). A successful candidate will have expertise in at least some of the legal areas we face on a daily basis – such as privacy and data protection, content regulation, copyright, advertising, and consumer protection – and a willingness and ability to learn about the rest.
- 3+ years legal experience (though more, even much more, experience is welcome), including in consumer protection, privacy, advertising law, intellectual property, or content regulation; regulatory and/or in-house experience preferred but not required
- Exceptional communication skills
- Bar admission in good standing in applicable state (or qualified for and willing to apply for/maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
- Background experience in relevant legal issues impacting digital advertising businesses including advertising self-regulation and privacy, consumer protection, payments, and content regulation laws and regulatory regimes
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.