Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description Summary
Travelers is seeking an Associate Software Engineer to join our organization as we grow and transform our Technology landscape. Individual will work as part of a team to complete basic end to end software engineering tasks.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform basic analysis, development, testing, debugging, configuration, incident investigation, documentation, health monitoring/alerting, and implementing based on and related to user or system design specifications.
- Work within guidelines set by team to independently tackle well-scoped problems.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in work experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Two years of programming/development experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Agile preferred
- Delivery – Developing delivery skills including the ability to participate in team planning, learn to estimate work efforts, assist in the application of designated software design strategy and methodology, test work following relevant examples including automation, take ownership of work after release, quickly addressing issues as they arise and collect and incorporate feedback throughout the process.
- Domain Expertise – Emerging domain expertise including the ability to learn from research, others and through asking thoughtful questions, open to seizing opportunities to increase knowledge.
- Problem Solving – Standard problem solving skills including the ability to debug familiar code or systems easily, recognize when own knowledge or experience is lacking and reach out for guidance and approach each new task as an opportunity to learn, continually applying prior learnings to new challenges.
- Communication – Good communication skills with the ability to articulate thoughts/ideas clearly, collaborate with team members in various roles and document new learnings and solutions for others benefit.
- Leadership – Emerging leadership potential including the ability to accept direction and guidance while learning what traits are valuable in a leader, be transparent about what you do not understand and need help with, and communicate this to the appropriate parties, and receive feedback with an eye towards improving.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
Java continues to grow and evolve, and this cookbook continues to evolve in tandem. With this guide, you’ll get up to speed right away with hundreds of hands-on recipes across a broad range of Java topics. You’ll learn useful techniques for everything from string handling and functional programming to network communication.
Each recipe includes self-contained code solutions that you can freely use, along with a discussion of how and why they work. If you’re familiar with Java basics, this cookbook will bolster your knowledge of the language and its many recent changes, including how to apply them in your day-to-day development. This updated edition covers changes through Java 12 and parts of 13 and 14.
This book can help you:
Pass the interview exams
Pass the engineer certification exams
Pass the college exams
Pass various computer programming exams
This book includes 100 answers; for your convenience, you can download and print it out to check the questions.
OCP (Exam 1Z0-815) Java SE 11 Programmer I Certification Guide: Oracle Certified Programmer Certification Guide
If you have found this book, you have already scraped the surface of Java programming. You now wish to solidify your knowledge & put a stamp on it. A Java Certification is 100% the right way to go, as it sets the tone for your career ahead. This book is a comprehensive guide to Oracle’s 1Z0-815 exam. In this book, you shall progressively explore the Java language bit by bit. If you do not have prior programming experience, fear not, the book is designed to dive into Java as a beginner and also polishes key concepts for professionals with previous experience, ensuring that you get certified.
Introduction to Java Programming and Data Structures, Comprehensive Version, Loose Leaf Edition (12th Edition)
A fundamentals-first introduction to basic programming concepts and techniques
Introduction to Java Programming and Data Structures seamlessly integrates programming, data structures, and algorithms into one text. With a fundamentals-first approach, the text builds a strong foundation of basic programming concepts and techniques before teaching students object-oriented programming and advanced Java programming. Liang explains programming in a problem-driven way that focuses on problem solving rather than syntax, illustrating basic concepts by example and providing a large number of exercises with various levels of difficulty for students to practice. The 12th Edition is completely revised in every detail to enhance clarity, presentation, content, examples, and exercises.