Do you want to work at an international company with endless opportunities for growth and advancement? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will define what’s possible?
We are looking for team members who want to solve interesting, complex problems, which protect our nation. Your talents and passion are most important to us. If you don’t know a language, program, or platform, we will teach you! Become a part of our enthusiastic teams where we have fun working together and take pride in our contributions to the nation’s safety.
An RGE System Administrator has to be a ‘jack of all trades’ and has to be very flexible and versatile with regards to a steady regiment of wildly different tasks. Positive attitude is a must and a strong desire and ability to see an issue, research it, and solve it. RGE has a massive amount of projects ahead and needs solutions solved and documentation written with a real-time objective of cranking out entire systems – start to finish – for our customers. We are in the planning and development stages of a new contract that requires forward-thinking planners and solutions using today’s best practices on many levels.
- Collaborates with engineers, project managers, users, and InfoSec stakeholders to determine current/future needs/requirements.
- Ensures data integrity by evaluating vendor products, proposing, implementing and maintaining software and hardware solutions
- Associate Systems Administrator: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, with 0+ years of related experience in systems administration
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience building large, integrated hardware systems from bare metal (racking, cabling, powering, initializing
- Experience with distributed version control systems (e.g., Git, Bitbucket) and automation Configuration Management tools experience (e.g., Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
- Virtualization experience (VMware)
- Experience with Licensing
- TS/SCI clearance required
- Can research a host of issues and develop practical solutions
- Supports the integration and test of hardware, software, subsystems, and
- Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system; including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Experience with McAfee
- Creation and maintenance of administrator and user accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space, providing backup recovery.
- Experience with installing, configuring, patching, IA/Security hardening and tuning, and monitoring of enterprise-level variants of Windows and/or Linux systems)
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with virtualization technologies, including VMware and GPU-based applications within a virtualized environment.
- Familiar with updating Windows WSUS regarding monthly patching and virus scanning
Creation and maintenance of administrator and user accounts, maintaining
system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space, providing backup recovery.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.