Under minimal supervision the Lead Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician will install, repair and maintain plastic molding machinery, assembly equipment, robots, packaging equipment and plant infrastructure. This technician is at a highly experienced/technical level and performs a wide range of assignments both mechanical and electrical (with minimal or no supervision). Considerable knowledge of plastic molding equipment and its operation is required. Must have excellent troubleshooting skills in hydraulic, pneumatics, electrical, automated equipment and control systems. Must be able to make judgment calls in the absence of the Maintenance Manager.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitors all automated machinery performance and efficiencies.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance to assigned machines and areas.
- Accurately records information as required by the quality system or by instruction.
- Performs quality checks and makes machine adjustments to maintain quality and rates.
- Assists with the maintenance of spare parts stores as assigned.
- Fabricates or modifies machinery or equipment as assigned.
- Writes program code as needed for automated upgrades and additional equipment.
- Assists maintenance manager with delegating tasks of automated equipment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Advanced mechanical skills in troubleshooting and repairing industrial machinery.
- Advanced understanding and troubleshooting skills in electrical repair and pneumatics.
- Advanced understanding of mutable PLC systems.
- Advanced understanding of electrical and electronic integrations.
This position is not approved for relocation benefits.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.