- managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- managing dispute resolution
- interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions.
The Technology Legal Practice Group, which reports to the Corporate and Regulatory Law General Counsel, provides legal coverage across all LOBs in the areas of Intellectual Property, Cybersecurity, Technology Controls, Technology Transactions, and Emerging Technologies.
The Technology Legal Practice Group is currently seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented Assistant Vice President/Senior Counsel. This attorney will focus on technology transactional work primarily for Corporate and Investment Bank businesses, and will handle the structuring, drafting, negotiation and analysis of agreements for the acquisition of global and domestic technology products and services, including cloud services, intellectual property licenses, order management system and SaaS agreements, market data agreements, platform agreements, NDAs and connectivity and API terms for client and supplier facing deals.
Amongst other responsibilities, the Senior Counsel will:
- Review, interpret and negotiate agreements with suppliers, external clients, advising clients and partners on rights and responsibilities related to those agreements, including compliance with JPMorgan Chase policies and regulatory requirements.
- Manage end-to-end management of negotiations, navigation of internal processes and coordination between the business, Legal and Sourcing to reach timely and successful execution of agreements.
- interpret contractual requirements based on information provided by internal business partners.
- Negotiate standard and customized contracts in order to minimize the risk to the business through principled adherence to firm policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze legacy legal documents for conformance to the firm’s current policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on documentation to internal business and functional partners.
- Serve as trusted advisor to internal clients and business partners.
- Help develop and enhance legal knowledge management training materials and procedures.
- Provide legal research on technology, intellectual property and contractual issues, as needed.
- J.D. or equivalent degree from accredited law school and minimum 3 years’ legal practicing experience in a law firm or corporate law environment with significant experience drafting and negotiating customized transactions with large multi-product global client base.
- Familiarity with financial services industry and the products and services offered by investment banks desirable.
- In-house experience in credit rating agencies, market data providers, financial services, technology or other IP-heavy industry (e.g. media, advertising, etc.) desirable.
- Experience in negotiating contracts for technology/IP transactions with third party providers, e.g. software licensing/support, software as a service, consulting, professional and other services agreements.
- Knowledge of privacy, intellectual property, outsourcing, offshoring, contracting and related regulatory and risk environments.
- Strong interest in new and emerging technology solutions and applications, and their impact on intellectual property and commercial law.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and legal research skills.
- Strong business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Proven ability to independently identify issues, analyze problems and provide viable solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of personnel and management, including senior executives.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle deadlines, and manage multiple tasks in a high performance environment.
- Ability to follow up on assignments in a timely manner, exercise good business judgment and work accurately under pressure.
- A self-starter with the ability to make autonomous decisions and to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.