- 8+ years’ of experience in tax, finance, or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Are you looking for a position where you can be on the forefront of setting policy and tax positions in a high growth business? Amazon is looking for a proactive, high energy, take ownership AWS International Tax Manager based in its Seattle, WA or Arlington, VA headquarters to focus on U.S. international tax planning for our Amazon Web Services (AWS) business (http://aws.amazon.com). AWS offers a complete set of infrastructure and application services to run virtually all aspects of a digital business in the Cloud. The AWS International Tax Manager will be fully immersed within the AWS business team and support current and future AWS offerings, expansions, restructurings, operating guidelines, and day to day questions. The candidate must be comfortable directly liaising with various business teams within the company with an aim of gaining a deep understanding of the business vision and model in order to develop comprehensive tax solutions in support of the business, develop tax requirements that clearly articulate such solutions, and drive the implementation of the tax requirements. The ideal candidate will have a base knowledge of indirect tax issues as well and how those can impact the business solution being articulated. The candidate will also work closely with other members of the global tax department to communicate current and future business plans, obtain cross functional tax subject matter input, and ensure coordination of cross functional tax solutions.
Primary strategic objectives include a combination of:
- Working with and providing guidance to the various AWS organizations including Business Development, Finance, Public Policy, Public Relations, Legal, Accounting, and various product groups;
- Providing end-to-end tax requirements (tax structuring and tax treatment of all aspects of a structure including invoicing, characterization of services, and taxability from design to implementation);
- Actively participating in projects throughout their lifecycle – from planning, research on advanced e-commerce taxation implications, modeling through to delivery to business teams, including communication of tax implications to AWS and broader Amazon management;
- Collaborating with broader Amazon Tax teams including reporting nd compliance, transfer pricing, indirect tax, and tax provision;
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and ongoing global and OECD tax and policy developments;
- Monitor industry positions relevant to the global AWS business; and
- Writing technical and non-technical tax research and compliance memoranda including detailed tax requirements to be used by various business partners throughout the company.
- JD, LLM and/or Masters in Tax a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex, milestone driven projects – including the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams
- Understanding of international tax and core federal tax provisions of the Internal Revenue Code and Regulations.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting non-US tax rules and OECD tax
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and is able to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated, hard-working, team player able take ownership and deliver results in a fast-paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment.
- Able to clearly and concisely interface with nontax personnel at all levels of management.
- Able to analyze and review statutes, regulations, and case law in the US and abroad, demand excellence from advisors, exercise controllership, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with tax issues related to the digital economy including cloud computing.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.