As a member of the Tesla Energy Service Operations team, your purpose is to empower others in their success. As an Engineer, you will design, build, and update existing Data infrastructure including APIs and database queries. You will create the data infrastructure for forms, apps, ad hoc reports, and will assist in process design to ensure the capture of quality and reportable data. You will continually evaluate and improve upon existing DevOps that focuses on deploying tested, reviewed code to production.
- Maintain the team’s repositories with automated testing (e.g. Jenkins) and deployment tools (e.g. Ansible, Docker)
- Consult with stakeholders to determine the appropriate data infrastructure to satisfy their requests
- Speak to data and reporting needs during development of new processes, procedures, and training
- Work in a Test-Driven Development environment focused on producing reliable well-documented production code.
- Document functionality and requirements for internal/external users of data infrastructure built and maintain by the team
- Coordinate with process architects to ensure computer systems and programming guidelines continually match updated policies, processes, and procedures
- Able to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment, with a forward-thinking mindset.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background screen.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Data Science, Computer Science, or another relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years relevant job experience.
- Advanced skill with SQL and other common database connections.
- Ability to document and collaborate with other teams using project management software (Jira)
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, with the flexibility to adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to research and learn new software systems with minimal formal training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Experience with Go
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with renewable energy and/or electrical systems
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.