As an employer, BCU models the dynamic assets of a top workplace, including confidence in company leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, employee development, workplace flexibility, and a passionate employee culture supporting a unified vision.
At BCU, you’ll have a career in a growing organization and an environment that supports your professional and personal growth. For these reasons, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace and a certified Great Place to Work.
Visit the link below to learn more about #LifeAtBCU:
To evaluate mortgage loan applications following industry, business and BCU standards through automated systems and traditional underwriting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Underwrites mortgage loan applications and evaluates loans in order to maximize organizational profit and minimize risk or loss.
- Recommend approval, modification and/or denial of loans originated in the U.S. and Puerto Rico for potential sale to FNMA, other investors or for retention in the BCU Portfolio.
- Complete understanding and adherence to mortgage loan policies, investor requirements, compliance standards and lending procedures; allowing BCU to sell loans directly into secondary markets, consider participations with other institutions and portfolio lending.
- Make recommendations to BCU’s Real Estate Loan Policy and update underwriting and quality control procedures to maintain compliance with industry guidelines and standards in a timely manner.
- Assist in training processors, loan officers, and other front line origination sources to maintain compliance with changes in guidelines, quality control standards, and policy/procedures.
- Actively participate in our pre-close and post-close quality control process and vendor relationship
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Experienced FHA DE Designation required, underwrites FHA loans to verify for completeness, accuracy and compliance
- 3+ years mortgage lending and underwriting experience
- Experience with automated scoring systems such as Desktop Underwriter
- Excellent credit analysis skills and knowledge of loan products and policy
- Ability to work effectively and communicate with management, members, internal/external contacts and vendors
- Thorough knowledge of FNMA and BCU underwriting and quality control standards required
- Ability to perform in a multi-tasked environment while effectively prioritizing workload and maintaining high level of service
- Ability to adapt to change within working responsibilities, be it internal, market, or regulatory driven
BCU Shared Values. We act with INTEGRITY. We follow the golden rule without exception. We display COURAGE in our convictions. We drive innovation, reaching beyond boundaries and thoughtfully explore new horizons. We excel through COLLABORATION. By working as one, sharing information and seeking solutions, we deliver exceptional outcomes. We WOW our Members. We focus intensely on putting the member first, delivering extraordinary experiences that create lasting relationships inside and outside the organization.
Life at BCU. With a culture built off relationships and referrals, we’re committed to creating the best work environment possible. From our casual dress code to flexible work arrangements, we’ve created a unique culture that supports a healthy work/life balance. For this reason and more, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace. #LifeAtBCU
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law – Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.