- Masters or PhD Engineering/Sciences degree with 1 year of Reliability & Maintenance Engineering experience –OR- a Bachelor Engineering/Sciences degree with 2 years of Amazon applicable experience.
- Previous corporate and/or regional facilities roles leading reliability benchmarking and quality improvement efforts.
- In-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to work with Finance and conduct financial/business analysis.
- Able to solve advanced problems and effectively deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Highly customer focused, with exceptional Customer Relations Management experience.
- Skilled communicator in large groups and one-on-one.
- Can effectively benchmark our program management methodologies and performance against other competing methodologies in the industry.
- Brings strategic business context to decisions made across groups.
- Skilled at driving consensus with technical and non-technical audiences.
- At least 4 years of experience in material handling equipment and large, complex, integrated systems maintenance with strong statistical analysis skills.
- At least 4 years of experience in manufacturing or maintenance.
- **Candidate must be able to travel, up to 70%**
Amazon is seeking a dynamic, organized, self-starter to develop and implement a Reliability & Maintenance Engineering (RME) benchmarking and quality mechanism that reduces failure modes and improves equipment reliability. They will be a leader on the support team’s field efforts in performing site visits and identifying maintenance improvement opportunities. They will benchmark Fulfillment Center RME performance internally and externally and identify Best-on-Planet capabilities. They will develop and implement mechanisms and metrics to raise the performance bar and improve reliability Year over Year.
In this position the impacts you can expect to enjoy include:
- Establishes RME standard work for determining maintenance procedure quality, details, timing, and structure for all sites and maintenance providers.
. Performs regular maintenance audits in the field and analyzes what is being done relative to standard work best practices for all RME scope.
. Works with Amazon and Third Party Service Providers to develop and recommend strategic maintenance quality objectives.
- Defines and enforces broad, company-wide standards for the way new quality initiatives are scoped, designed and put into production.
- Identifies and validates new company-wide PM processes and resources meet the highest safety and effectiveness standards.
- Develops new quality program management methodologies that accelerate schedules and maximize constrained resources.
- You structure your work and collaborate with teams to ensure gaps/opportunities within or between regions and organizations (e.g., services, workflows, tooling) are identified and mitigated.
- Influence other team roadmaps, are able to reach consensus on approach/prioritization, and deliver quality successfully.
- Contribute as a senior quality engineer on a high performing team which defines and audits the quality of RME maintenance procedures and execution.
- Help define the 3-5 year RME Quality strategic vision, have a long-term roadmap, establish the right Quality team dynamics, and deliver innovative, scalable testing solutions & programs.
- Continually raise the bar for maintenance procedure quality
- Continue to improve test tools, processes, and quality metrics.
- Develop a strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills, and an internal motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced, and often ambiguous environment.
- Facilitate monthly RME quality reviews to refine standard work procedures, ensure network adoption and inspect for effectiveness.
- Providing oversight for reliability quality program improvements execution, budget development, performance and capital planning.
- Managing vendor support and equipment relationships and leverage Amazon’s network size to maximize economies of scale.
- Developing and managing budget and contract documents including Request for Proposals (RFPs), change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing.
Hiring and developing the best:
- Leading and mentoring field-based RME Managers in the expansion and continuous improvement of Amazon’s North American Fulfillment Network.
- Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring bar raising talent in the Reliability & Maintenance Engineering Quality team.
Audit, Report and Record:
- Monitoring, auditing and enforcing maintenance execution and safe work practices.
- Instituting and auditing training drills across the network.
- Driving Maintenance Quality Best Practices including: Innovating, documenting, improving work methods, standardizing, providing a safe work environment and requiring safe work practices, training, commissioning equipment, collecting, measuring, and analyzing key performance indicators to improve processes and improve Amazon customers’ experience.
Partnering across business lanes:
- Leveraging the entire maintenance team for the benefit of the North American network
- Providing Fulfillment Center General Managers with visibility over quality manager responsibilities so that they can better understand, lead, mentor, and manage Quality Managers.
- CMRP, CMRT, CRP, FMP, CFM, SFP, MRC, Reliability Engineer certificates.
- Experience in robotics and emerging technologies.
- A proven track record of improving reliability performance using best-on-planet benchmarking methods and raising the bar year over year is preferred. The preferred candidate will demonstrate excellent team building, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to role model Amazon leadership principles.
- Experience leading change in a remote environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
New or Coming Soon Useful Entrepreneurship Books
An Entrepreneur’s Guide To The Sales & Marketing Universe: A Step-By-Step Guide To Organic Marketing
Secret strategies revealed on how to generate high quality leads efficiently and effectively.
But leads, no matter how good, are pretty much useless without the skills necessary to convert them into paying customers. What is the repeatable and scientific approach to take in sales to make sure you are maximizing your chances at landing closed deals?
Breaking Through The Wall: A Financial Advisor’s Guide to Grow, Scale, and Monetize Your Business for Millions
Many financial advisors out there are facing a wall. They’re generating $1-3 million in revenue; they’re managing all the households they can; they have little time to spend with their own families. They feel like they’re playing chief marketing officer, chief investment officer, CEO, CFO, chief compliance officer, and the chief technology officer all at once. There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Entrepreneurial Marketing and International New Ventures: Antecedents, Elements and Outcomes (Routledge Studies in Entrepreneurship)
The book investigates the entrepreneurial marketing (EM) concept within the broader discipline of international entrepreneurship. The analysis of this concept, and designing a model of EM antecedents, elements, and outcomes that was tested on the basis of empirical studies covering companies from three European countries, explores and develops the field of international marketing and entrepreneurship.
From the cofounder of Square, an inspiring and entertaining account of what it means to be a true entrepreneur and what it takes to build a resilient, world-changing company.
If today’s brands want to succeed, they have to be in the conversation, and influencers make that happen. The Age of Influence is an essential guide for marketing professionals and business owners who want to create and implement a highly effective and sustainable influencer marketing plan.
We are in the midst of an unprecedented digital transformation and tapping into this change is vital to any brand in today’s climate. Social media has democratized authority and influence, and information is created and consumed in ways that are constantly evolving.
12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
Your road map to a seven-figure business . . . in one year or less
By cutting out the noise and providing a clear and proven plan, this roadmap helps even brand-new entrepreneurs make decisions quickly, get their product up for sale, and launch it to a crowd that is ready and waiting to buy.
This is a book to help you acquire the mind-set to riches.
It’s about creating a way of living where you aren’t controlled by fear, inertia, or poverty. You, instead, are motivated by creative, positive action, and an open mind that is ready to receive prosperity in every area of your life. Here are the time-tested principles used by the self-made millionaires and billionaires to create lives beyond their wildest imaginations. Here are the time-tested principles that will help you tap into your inner reserves and knowledge you never knew you had. These writings—compact, powerful, practical—are ready to help you find solutions, discover new ideas, and make fresh starts on your road to riches!
This book is a compilation of successful habits that the author has learned in his career. I would even saythat this book is a manual of lessons for entry-level, junior manager, and even executives. It offers tips from the expert on medical device sales, as well as fundamental knowledge for any employee. As you read through the sincere yet passionate advice from the author on work strategy to a personal relationship, you will start to gain an overview of the the direction of your path. The vital key to success includes extreme self-discipline and a genuine passion for work.
Mentor-Made Millionaire is an insightful, thought-provoking dissection of what it takes to be a success in today’s money-centric society. It is designed to appeal to individuals on the path to success, managers, and business owners.
These days, we see the well-worn phrase ‘self-made millionaire’ practically everywhere. While Dr. Chad Shannon does not set out in Mentor-Made Millionaire to diminish the hard work put in by those remarkable individuals who achieve this accolade, his aim is to make the reader realize that not one of them could possibly have accomplished that aspirational status all by themselves.
Startups constantly face the challenge of how to make an impact given their initial small size and limited resources. Nine out of ten startups fail and more than fifty percent do not reach past the five-year mark. The few that do manage to survive can quickly find themselves swamped in the oversaturated market, unable to make any decent progress. So how can they establish themselves among their immediate competitors, let alone defeat larger, more established companies? Is the story of David and Goliath still relevant in the modern business world?
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology)
This book provides valuable insights into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) through a comprehensive examination of Vision 2030, an ambitious economic plan by the KSA to reinvent and diversify its economy from a heavy dependence on hydrocarbon to knowledge-based resources.
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 discusses how this initiative will assist the government in achieving its envisioned goals by creating a culture of research, innovation and entrepreneurship. It studies the current state of the field as well as new policies and reforms in Saudi Arabia which encompass education systems, ICT infrastructure and a vibrant innovation landscape that includes academia, the public and private sectors and civil society.