- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional or military experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a case manager using case management systems, reviewing cases for eligibility, determining the appropriate benefits that apply to a specific situation, and establishing/executing a case management plan. 6+ years of experience will qualify in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in counseling or mentoring others, preferably in healthcare or crisis
- One year of experience in Human Resources or customer service in a leave and/or disability field can be substituted for one year as a case manager
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
Would you like to be part of an organization that is helping Amazon build a fast-growing, highly innovative workforce? Are you passionate about building creative solutions in HR programs? Do you get excited working with a highly diverse population cutting across multiple countries, culture, and values? Getting interested – please read on!
Join our team and make a difference for Amazonians and their families. Amazon is building a dedicated team to support benefits administration. This team will provide concierge-level support for benefits operations.
Case Managers are skilled in answering challenging questions, understanding the employee situations, communicating available benefits for the specific case, and responding to changing circumstances and needs to pave the way for a connected and trusted case management experience.
High judgment, time critical nature of this role, Case Managers must be highly attuned to how people are responding and focus on the details of each individual case. They must step back from these cases to see emerging patterns and adjust processes and support mechanisms as needed.
- Initiate and respond to internal HR question about benefits and options available to employees
- Serve as an empathetic point of contact and provide holistic case management services
- Leverage best practice tools and Amazon and vendor resources to understand all options available
- Develop and update SOPs as needed
- Create and maintain tracking mechanisms for data related to benefit operations
- Critically assess and adjust the case management plan to the timing of changing needs
- Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers for an employee
- Respond to issues that may arise and ensure the right communication occurs with accurate details at the right time
- Identify and solve problems, sometimes with limited information
- Communicate regular updates to employees, vendors, and stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Ensure compliance with standard work, federal/state/country regulations, and company policies
- Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
- Consult, coordinate, and partner with our HR, Safety, Legal, Payroll, Benefits, team members and other departments/systems as appropriate
- 2+ years of related experience in a claim management role
- Experience working multiple projects or cases independently in environment with changing priorities
- Experience working with confidential information
- SPHR, PHR, or CPDM certifications, or equivalent
- Experience providing case management services for a large, global employer or on behalf of a carrier/TPA
- Experience with global service and employee delivery
- Strong problem solving, time management and priority setting skills
- Experience providing guidance to employees or managers on leave of absence, disability plan, accommodation, human resources, benefits, or employee matters
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.