In Bayer’s Crop Science division, we shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that helps to nourish our growing world, preserve natural resources and deliver better solutions for all farmers. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive our digital transformation. Our products include high-performance seeds & traits, crop protection solutions, and digital farming tools.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Biochemistry Intern, are to:
- Report into team lead or team research scientist and in order to complete projects and core responsibilities, interns are expected to be self-motivated, have strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrate problem-solving abilities and be leaders among their peers;
- Plan, execute and complete their research in a corporate research environment;
- Have a basic understanding of cell protein dynamics;
- Carry out various components of biochemical experiments under the direction of staff scientist;
- Work in analysis of experimental output;
- Demonstrate communication of research findings;
- Conduct work in a manner compliant with safety and stewardship regulations.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree or Ph.D. program;
- Ability to build relationships and work well in a team-based environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization;
- Self-motivated with a strong results orientation;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a deadline while being able to focus on details;
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to organize (thoughts, data, etc.);
- Excellent computer skills related to data acquisition and record keeping;
- Demonstrated leadership ability;
- Desire to learn and willing to ask questions and able to adapt to change.
- Pursing a degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or related field of study;
- Experience with protein assays and protein purification;
- Biochemestry lab or course work;
- Molecular Biology lab or course work.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.