Chip Ganassi has been a fixture in the auto racing industry for over 30 years and is considered one of the most successful as well as innovative owners the sport has. Following a strong career as a driver, Ganassi created his own one-car Indy car team in 1990. 30 years later he claims partnerships with Credit One Bank, Monster Energy, Cessna, McDonald’s, PNC Bank and NTT DATA among many others. Through the years, his Indy car teams have amassed 13 championships, over 100 wins – including five in the Indianapolis 500, while overall his teams can claim 20 championships and over 200 victories. His NASCAR teams have 40 wins, including one in the Daytona 500, one in the
Brickyard 400 and nine trips to the NASCAR Playoffs. His sports car teams have a record eight wins in the Rolex 24 at Daytona, the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and at the 12 Hours of Sebring to complement their seven championships. He manages his teams from state-of-the-art race shop facilities in Indianapolis and Concord, N.C., and a corporate office in Pittsburgh.
We currently have a position available for a full-time Bookkeeper/GL Accountant. The ideal candidate will provide a variety of accounting and administrative support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calculate & record journal entries.
- Prepare & update account analysis for multiple entities.
- Process accounts payable & accounts receivable.
- Review G/L coding of a high volume of credit card transactions.
- Update and maintain fixed asset software.
- Compile monthly reporting package.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Process checks.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Ad hoc analysis as required.
- Function as back-up to Executive Assistant including answering phones; getting mail; handling deliveries/visitors, and other small office duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years bookkeeping experience, preferably within a business-services environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and accounting software.
- Able to prepare, review and understand a financial statement.
- Understanding of multi-entity ledgers.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and Outlook required; advanced skills preferred.
- High attention to detail, accuracy in work product, strong organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines and coordinate multiple activities required.
- Must have excellent communications skills (both oral and written). Be willing to ask questions and able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to comprehend the overall concept while paying attention to detail.
- Must be able to critically think through, assess situations, and work independently.
- Must possess a positive and professional attitude and demonstrate initiative to succeed.
- Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected.
The salary range for this position is dependent on experience. We offer a generous PTO package; paid holidays; medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan with an organization match.
_Chip Ganassi Racing is an Equal Opportunity Employer _
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $28.00 per hour
- bookkeeping: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused