- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence, data mining, predictive analytics and statistical analyses
- Advanced SQL, database, and business intelligence experience is required for this role
- Advanced data analysis skills – e.g. database query construction, data warehousing, forecasting, data mining and experience in business analyst
- Experience in QuickSight, Tableau or other similar BI tool(s)
- Experience in delivering large analytical solutions with business impact.
- Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems and work well with cross functional teams.
- Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes, systems and data mining
- Experience with business process analysis and mapping
Functional knowledge of HR operations and processes
- Experience in delivery of HR business transformation programs through design, build, and test to deployment phases.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
Ability to design and optimize reports for different audiences
- Excellent research and diagnosis skills, solution oriented
Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision
Demonstrated ability to manage time and multiple commitments/projects simultaneously
Ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment
Strong organizational and analytical skills
Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills
The North American Sort Center organization is seeking a Business Analyst. The Business Analyst works to help define, structure and implement improvements to the operation of the HR function and the overall impact and value that HR can drive to the business within the organization. Those improvements can cut across HR processes, organizational structure, enabling technologies and the use of data & analytics to drive business alignment, maximize organizational and HR performance and establish a culture focused on helping the organization achieve strategic objectives.
In this role you will:
- Assist with the planning and management effort to define and implement to-be HR organization processes, capabilities, application of key technologies, and performance measurements
- Responsibility for analyzing and mining data to help shape and/or measure NASC goals
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify trends, patterns, correlations, and insights and present written business recommendations to the leadership in a clear and compelling way.
- Develop key metrics and performance indicators to evaluate overall operational and financial performance for individual sites, co-locations, and the network as a whole
- Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Help estimate and develop timelines and strategies for implementing improvement opportunities/recommendations
- Design HR processes and/or service delivery models, with an emphasis on enabling technology and process simplification
- Develop metrics to assess performance and drive improvement, providing clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis.
- Creating new innovative and insightful reports according to business requirements in a timely manner
- Produce ad-hoc reports and analysis to identify trends on operations and associate behavior using tools such as Excel, Access, and SQL
- Understand and contribute to HR and Talent Management leading practices
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
New or Coming Soon Useful Entrepreneurship Books
An Entrepreneur’s Guide To The Sales & Marketing Universe: A Step-By-Step Guide To Organic Marketing
Secret strategies revealed on how to generate high quality leads efficiently and effectively.
But leads, no matter how good, are pretty much useless without the skills necessary to convert them into paying customers. What is the repeatable and scientific approach to take in sales to make sure you are maximizing your chances at landing closed deals?
Breaking Through The Wall: A Financial Advisor’s Guide to Grow, Scale, and Monetize Your Business for Millions
Many financial advisors out there are facing a wall. They’re generating $1-3 million in revenue; they’re managing all the households they can; they have little time to spend with their own families. They feel like they’re playing chief marketing officer, chief investment officer, CEO, CFO, chief compliance officer, and the chief technology officer all at once. There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Entrepreneurial Marketing and International New Ventures: Antecedents, Elements and Outcomes (Routledge Studies in Entrepreneurship)
The book investigates the entrepreneurial marketing (EM) concept within the broader discipline of international entrepreneurship. The analysis of this concept, and designing a model of EM antecedents, elements, and outcomes that was tested on the basis of empirical studies covering companies from three European countries, explores and develops the field of international marketing and entrepreneurship.
From the cofounder of Square, an inspiring and entertaining account of what it means to be a true entrepreneur and what it takes to build a resilient, world-changing company.
If today’s brands want to succeed, they have to be in the conversation, and influencers make that happen. The Age of Influence is an essential guide for marketing professionals and business owners who want to create and implement a highly effective and sustainable influencer marketing plan.
We are in the midst of an unprecedented digital transformation and tapping into this change is vital to any brand in today’s climate. Social media has democratized authority and influence, and information is created and consumed in ways that are constantly evolving.
12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
Your road map to a seven-figure business . . . in one year or less
By cutting out the noise and providing a clear and proven plan, this roadmap helps even brand-new entrepreneurs make decisions quickly, get their product up for sale, and launch it to a crowd that is ready and waiting to buy.
This is a book to help you acquire the mind-set to riches.
It’s about creating a way of living where you aren’t controlled by fear, inertia, or poverty. You, instead, are motivated by creative, positive action, and an open mind that is ready to receive prosperity in every area of your life. Here are the time-tested principles used by the self-made millionaires and billionaires to create lives beyond their wildest imaginations. Here are the time-tested principles that will help you tap into your inner reserves and knowledge you never knew you had. These writings—compact, powerful, practical—are ready to help you find solutions, discover new ideas, and make fresh starts on your road to riches!
This book is a compilation of successful habits that the author has learned in his career. I would even saythat this book is a manual of lessons for entry-level, junior manager, and even executives. It offers tips from the expert on medical device sales, as well as fundamental knowledge for any employee. As you read through the sincere yet passionate advice from the author on work strategy to a personal relationship, you will start to gain an overview of the the direction of your path. The vital key to success includes extreme self-discipline and a genuine passion for work.
Mentor-Made Millionaire is an insightful, thought-provoking dissection of what it takes to be a success in today’s money-centric society. It is designed to appeal to individuals on the path to success, managers, and business owners.
These days, we see the well-worn phrase ‘self-made millionaire’ practically everywhere. While Dr. Chad Shannon does not set out in Mentor-Made Millionaire to diminish the hard work put in by those remarkable individuals who achieve this accolade, his aim is to make the reader realize that not one of them could possibly have accomplished that aspirational status all by themselves.
Startups constantly face the challenge of how to make an impact given their initial small size and limited resources. Nine out of ten startups fail and more than fifty percent do not reach past the five-year mark. The few that do manage to survive can quickly find themselves swamped in the oversaturated market, unable to make any decent progress. So how can they establish themselves among their immediate competitors, let alone defeat larger, more established companies? Is the story of David and Goliath still relevant in the modern business world?
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology)
This book provides valuable insights into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) through a comprehensive examination of Vision 2030, an ambitious economic plan by the KSA to reinvent and diversify its economy from a heavy dependence on hydrocarbon to knowledge-based resources.
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 discusses how this initiative will assist the government in achieving its envisioned goals by creating a culture of research, innovation and entrepreneurship. It studies the current state of the field as well as new policies and reforms in Saudi Arabia which encompass education systems, ICT infrastructure and a vibrant innovation landscape that includes academia, the public and private sectors and civil society.