- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of work experience working in a similar role
AVOC is looking for a Business Analyst to work with a new team for New Business Development and Prototype technologies in Nashville, TN. You will work on new automation technologies requiring remote vision support to drive automation. You will be working closely with a team of program managers and process SMEs to drive these initiatives. You will enable effective UI feedback through tool experience and advanced analytics. You will direct the analysis and solve business problems with focus on understanding root causes and driving forward-looking opportunities. Your ownership of the scoping and design of new metrics and enhancement of existing ones will help support the future state of business processes and ensure sustainability. You will represent the broader team to communicate complex analysis and insights to stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing. These analysis and metrics will help ensure we are focused on what is important, enable clarity and focus, and delight our customers.
To further clarify the job duties, here are a breakdown of the duties and responsibilities of the proffered position of Business Analyst:
- Prototyping – Work with a cross functional team of program managers, SMEs and business analysts to enable efficient prototyping of new tools/technologies, before it goes for production and launch globally. The team will apply process knowledge and advanced analytics using SQL/R/Python/Statistical Analysis, to test tools, improve UI and ensure the tools are ready for live
- Deep Dive and Advanced Analytics – Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the direction of the business. Understand trends related to Amazon business and recommend strategies to stakeholders to drive business growth by providing key insights, using statistical rigor. Respond with urgency to high priority requests of business leaders
- Metrics and Reports – Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions. Ensure data accuracy by validating data for new and existing tools. Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use
- The successful candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon’s core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday practices.
- Masters in Analytics/Business Intelligence/Statistics
- Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, financial analysis, dynamic pricing, demand modeling, game theory and customer/product segmentation
- Experience with e-commerce, retail or marketing analytics
- Experience in designing and implementing custom reporting systems using automation tools
- Previous leadership experience in managing technical teams.
- Service Management understanding and/or certification
- Ability to lead enterprise-level programs and projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Deadline driven, team player, with strong customer focus
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on issues
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with cross-functional interactions. Strong analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to inspire others to action in order to achieve business outcomes[AY1] .
- Experience with data mining tools like SQL,SAS, SPSS, R
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
[AY1]The EEO tagline goes after the PQs