The Operational Services organization at Schwab partners with teams across the firm to deliver on service promises to Schwab clients. We are responsible for protecting and safeguarding the assets of the firm and our clients while continuing to increase scalability and efficiency.
Within Operational Services, the Business Process Transformation team is a multi-functional group that is helping to drive transformation across Operational Services and the broader firm. We use a variety of methodologies, tools and capabilities to drive large-scale change.
The Business Analyst Lead is central to Schwab’s transformation efforts and the firm’s broader “Smart Processing” strategy.
Smart Processing is at the center of Schwab’s sustainable competitive advantage. Smart Processing requires end-to-end, ecosystem strategy, vision, planning, and execution. When executed well, it drives tangible near-term benefits for Schwab and our clients, including greater scale via increased levels of automation and straight-through processing, greater clarity into service and operational processes, and more efficient and personalized service. Smart Processing also drives our long-term strategy through creation of data assets that will power AI and Machine Learning applications leading to even greater scale, personalization, and speed to market for Schwab’s next generation of products and features.
As a Business Analyst Lead for our Smart Processing Ecosystem, you will need to work closely with our Product Managers & Process Experts to translate their Vision and Strategy into functional epics / epic level acceptance criteria that can be consumed, prioritized and actioned by several platform level Scrum Teams that constitute a Smart Processing Engagement. (Eg. Account Open, Move Money, Cost Basis Etc.)
You will also be responsible to create System Interaction Diagrams (Functional), User – System Interaction process flows and other functional requirement artifacts as needed at the Smart Processing engagement level. The artifacts you create should be clearly understood by the underlying platform teams and enable them to create effective platform level functional requirements.
You will play a critical role in RPD (Rapid Product Design), PI Planning & Delivery process by collaborating with multiple POs, BAs and scrum teams that span several areas / technologies across the enterprise (Digital, BPM Tools, CRM Tools, Middleware & Mainframe systems) to deliver solutions that provide value for Schwab and our clients.
What you are good at:
- Gathering, documenting and validating requirements as epics / user examples, translating functional requirements to technical requirements, and identifying scalable solutions
- Collaborating with Product Owners / Product Managers to establish a vision and execution strategy
- Highlighting product features and explaining user examples in a manner clearly understandable to multiple scrum teams (up to 5-8 Scrum Teams)
- Creating constant awareness of the backlog’s health and managing the progress and maintenance of the entire engagement along with the Product Manager
- Playing the role of a functional requirement SME and assisting multiple scrum teams with removing impediments and blockers
- Communicating new insights, tools, and resources to improve the product evolution process
- Being able to liaison between lines of business and the development teams, while working with a wide range of partners and collaborating with your team
- Identifying technology and design issues, coordinating team members and driving resolution across multiple teams and partners
- Collaborating with multi-functional teams and end-users to create solutions that delight, deliver value, and are congenial to product roadmaps and future-state vision
- Working with leaders in communications, field integration, product development and the business to drive successful implementations of Smart Processing initiatives
- Coordinating development, testing, and implementation of solutions with vendors as needed
- Supervising the progress of product development, and assisting with product release planning and testing
- Developing impactful relationships with various partners across the enterprise to achieve common goals
- Demonstrating a pragmatic approach to product design and delivery; a ‘bias to action’ and a positive demeanor when approaching sophisticated situations
What you have:
This role requires a highly motivated, organized, and experienced business-focused technology individual with a demonstrable record of software delivery in a constantly evolving agile environment.
- Experience in documenting requirements on large end to end initiatives that include multiple technology teams across the enterprise (Digital, CRM, BPM, Middleware, Backend/ Mainframe)
- Demonstrated experience as a Business Analyst with track record of delivering innovative and strategic business process requirements for large scale software solutions delivery
- Ability to articulate new product features and capabilities in clear use cases
- Proficient user of JIRA and Confluence tools
- Solid experience and understanding of Agile in developing epics, themes, user examples, supplementary requirements, and business rules
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Advanced problem solving, analytical and technical skills
- Exemplary technology intuition and judgment to help the team solve problems in a way that drives continuous improvement across the program
- Prior experience in financial services, transformation, consulting, or product management preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in technical field
- Experience working in the financial services industry is a plus
- Experience with Digital Transformation initiatives, IBM Data Cap & Pega implementations is a plus
- SQL, Python and/or Tableau skillset highly desirable but not required for the role
- 5+ years of experience in technical analysis or operations experience with an asset or investment management firm with a focus on data-related functions; highly preferred