- Job Description
What does a great Sales Director do?
You will lead a team of Sales Professionals focused on the delivery of predictable and profitable sales attainment for the SMB market. This is a “hunter” role and you will have the opportunity to utilize your SMB market expertise. This role will be responsible for the eastern/central regions.
As a Sales Director, you can look forward to:
- Executing the sales plan.
- Assigning clients, territories and sales targets to sales staff and ensuring sales goals are met.
- Planning and directing sales activities across your territory to ensure staffing requirements are fulfilled.
- Managing and proactively helping drive the creation of sales pipeline.
- Defining and executing sales strategies and tactics to increase new merchant sales and add-on revenue.
- Supervising, developing, motivating and mentoring sales staff.
- Administering compensation.
- Assessing sales performance and executing action plans to improve performance.
- Actively managing sales staff in all phases of sales lifecycle, including new lead generation, nurturing sales opportunities, closing business and activating new merchants.
- Providing guidance and eliminating obstacles in high value opportunities.
- Producing key management reports, including sales forecasts, pipeline analysis and sales productivity.
- Ensuring salesforce.com usage and data accuracy.
- Providing thought leadership around key market & industry insights.
You’re the kind of person who:
Has experience selling merchant acquiring solutions to the SMB market. You are looking for a “hunter” role within a fast-paced sales environment. You can build a sales culture of independent sales executives.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Minimum 5 years of sales and sales management experience.
- Experience selling merchant acquiring solutions to the SMB market.
- Experience managing a successful sales team selling direct to SMB merchants.
- A proven track record of exceeding sales targets on a consistent basis.
- Ability to travel 50%+ across the US.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Master’s Degree a plus
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.