Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description Summary
The position reports to the Vice President, National Accounts and is responsible for the execution of industry leading sales strategies for Travelers’ claim management services; initiating and developing effective sales relationships with prospects, distribution resources, risk managers and internal colleagues in National Accounts, Claim, Risk Control and Operations. The Sales Executive is the lead for obtaining new business prospects, screening for opportunity, driving the quote and sales strategy process, and closing the deal within an assigned territory to contribute to the profitable growth of Constitution State Services (CSS).
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and identify a pipeline of prospects and qualify new business opportunities for claims management services and associated service offerings. This role will create a managed prospects list and will be focused on growing new CSS business opportunities for an assigned territory.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with providers of RFPs including brokers, agents, consultants, self-insured clients, and where the opportunity exists directly with Risk Managers.
- Accountable for getting qualified new opportunities for new business through the RFP process. Prepare quotes and proposals; make compelling presentations to clients and prospects; effectively negotiate with clients and secure an executed claim service agreement/contract.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal resources (Claim, Risk Control, National Accounts, Operations, etc.) to ensure delivery of all related services and a smooth and timely service transition for the client. Jointly responsible for overall service and will intervene as necessary to ensure commitments are fulfilled.
- Perform all functions to support profit, growth and expense management goals.
- 5 years experience working with a Third Party Administrator or 5 years of brokerage experience placing business with Third Party Administrators.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years’ sales experience with a TPA service company, including comprehensive knowledge of industry practices and company operations and distribution channels.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Interpersonal and effective communication skills and style: Strong verbal, written, presentation, and listening skills.
- Business Knowledge – Clearly demonstrates knowledge of the TPA services, industry and operations. Understands products, financials, objectives and service requirements. Strong knowledge of competitive market conditions.
- Confident and has solid sales, influencing and negotiation skills to close a sale. Successful track record of achieving new business targets.
- Is driven and takes the initiative to recognize opportunities to penetrate new market, takes advantage of all important opportunities to increase market share and takes intelligent risks.
- Demonstrates marketing skills necessary to achieve established and stretch business goals.
- Works effectively with all levels and can easily develop, build and maintain internal and external relationships. Develops strong coalitions and networks.
- Identifies customers’ needs and takes appropriate action to meet those needs.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and has proven time management, planning and organizational skills. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Understands the business and responds to all related issues, concerns and problems. Makes sound business decisions and takes responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Develops a high degree of trust through demonstrated personal integrity, ethics and commitment to doing the right things.
- Experience using various automation tools and systems to effectively support distribution system management and a willingness to learn and use new technology.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Frequently
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
New or Coming Soon Useful Entrepreneurship Books
An Entrepreneur’s Guide To The Sales & Marketing Universe: A Step-By-Step Guide To Organic Marketing
Secret strategies revealed on how to generate high quality leads efficiently and effectively.
But leads, no matter how good, are pretty much useless without the skills necessary to convert them into paying customers. What is the repeatable and scientific approach to take in sales to make sure you are maximizing your chances at landing closed deals?
Breaking Through The Wall: A Financial Advisor’s Guide to Grow, Scale, and Monetize Your Business for Millions
Many financial advisors out there are facing a wall. They’re generating $1-3 million in revenue; they’re managing all the households they can; they have little time to spend with their own families. They feel like they’re playing chief marketing officer, chief investment officer, CEO, CFO, chief compliance officer, and the chief technology officer all at once. There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Entrepreneurial Marketing and International New Ventures: Antecedents, Elements and Outcomes (Routledge Studies in Entrepreneurship)
The book investigates the entrepreneurial marketing (EM) concept within the broader discipline of international entrepreneurship. The analysis of this concept, and designing a model of EM antecedents, elements, and outcomes that was tested on the basis of empirical studies covering companies from three European countries, explores and develops the field of international marketing and entrepreneurship.
From the cofounder of Square, an inspiring and entertaining account of what it means to be a true entrepreneur and what it takes to build a resilient, world-changing company.
If today’s brands want to succeed, they have to be in the conversation, and influencers make that happen. The Age of Influence is an essential guide for marketing professionals and business owners who want to create and implement a highly effective and sustainable influencer marketing plan.
We are in the midst of an unprecedented digital transformation and tapping into this change is vital to any brand in today’s climate. Social media has democratized authority and influence, and information is created and consumed in ways that are constantly evolving.
12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
Your road map to a seven-figure business . . . in one year or less
By cutting out the noise and providing a clear and proven plan, this roadmap helps even brand-new entrepreneurs make decisions quickly, get their product up for sale, and launch it to a crowd that is ready and waiting to buy.
This is a book to help you acquire the mind-set to riches.
It’s about creating a way of living where you aren’t controlled by fear, inertia, or poverty. You, instead, are motivated by creative, positive action, and an open mind that is ready to receive prosperity in every area of your life. Here are the time-tested principles used by the self-made millionaires and billionaires to create lives beyond their wildest imaginations. Here are the time-tested principles that will help you tap into your inner reserves and knowledge you never knew you had. These writings—compact, powerful, practical—are ready to help you find solutions, discover new ideas, and make fresh starts on your road to riches!
This book is a compilation of successful habits that the author has learned in his career. I would even saythat this book is a manual of lessons for entry-level, junior manager, and even executives. It offers tips from the expert on medical device sales, as well as fundamental knowledge for any employee. As you read through the sincere yet passionate advice from the author on work strategy to a personal relationship, you will start to gain an overview of the the direction of your path. The vital key to success includes extreme self-discipline and a genuine passion for work.
Mentor-Made Millionaire is an insightful, thought-provoking dissection of what it takes to be a success in today’s money-centric society. It is designed to appeal to individuals on the path to success, managers, and business owners.
These days, we see the well-worn phrase ‘self-made millionaire’ practically everywhere. While Dr. Chad Shannon does not set out in Mentor-Made Millionaire to diminish the hard work put in by those remarkable individuals who achieve this accolade, his aim is to make the reader realize that not one of them could possibly have accomplished that aspirational status all by themselves.
Startups constantly face the challenge of how to make an impact given their initial small size and limited resources. Nine out of ten startups fail and more than fifty percent do not reach past the five-year mark. The few that do manage to survive can quickly find themselves swamped in the oversaturated market, unable to make any decent progress. So how can they establish themselves among their immediate competitors, let alone defeat larger, more established companies? Is the story of David and Goliath still relevant in the modern business world?
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology)
This book provides valuable insights into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) through a comprehensive examination of Vision 2030, an ambitious economic plan by the KSA to reinvent and diversify its economy from a heavy dependence on hydrocarbon to knowledge-based resources.
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 discusses how this initiative will assist the government in achieving its envisioned goals by creating a culture of research, innovation and entrepreneurship. It studies the current state of the field as well as new policies and reforms in Saudi Arabia which encompass education systems, ICT infrastructure and a vibrant innovation landscape that includes academia, the public and private sectors and civil society.