- 1+ years of sales experience or equivalent
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Skilled user of MS Excel and MS Word and CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com)
- Self-starter with excellent listening, verbal, and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ownership, bias for action, result oriented, and willingness to work in a high paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, customer focus, and highly data-driven are musts
As an organization, Amazon’s North American Seller Services is highly influential and coordinates across Amazon customers, Amazon category teams and Amazon Sellers. We are a business development organization; we drive growth for over 2MM Amazon Sellers through business intelligence, cross-selling efforts and integrated Account Management. We are successful by focusing on rapid growth for our Sellers’ businesses.
As a Business Development Rep (BDR), you will be an important member of the sales organization, playing a critical role in prospecting leads, qualifying leads, enriching leads, and providing input on which email campaigns generate the best leads. Working in collaboration with your peers, account managers, and program managers, your primary goal is to identify and create qualified opportunities for the team you support. You will be required to vet and dedupe leads, find contact information for target lists, and prospect new brands to be recruited. Quite often you will be the customer’s very first introduction to the Amazon experience!
This is an entry level role within the organization that is great for someone looking to get into a sales role. As the program expands, more responsibilities will be added. On a day to day basis you can expect to:
- Create, manage and drive to sales acceptance, all inbound and outbound leads
- Identify key metrics, help define KPIs, and report to partner teams
- Manage and clean sales pipeline using CRM to ensure sufficient leads are available for sales to pursue
- Find contact information for key stakeholders (many times C-level executives) through internal tools, external searching, and 3rd party tools (such as LinkedIn, ZoomInfo etc.)
- Update and maintain customer information within SalesForce.com
- Engage with target brands using email automation tools such as Pardot
- Understand the Amazon and category value props to be able to present the value to prospective brands
- Engage with potential customers via phone, email, and other channels to understand their business needs and identify opportunities
- Schedule meetings and develop new business opportunities to fuel Amazon’s growth
- Partner with sales to achieve mutually aligned sales strategies
- Help the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and other applicable aspects of our business
- Initiate prospecting and lead generation activities
- Meet or exceed targets for customer acquisition and transitioning qualified accounts
- Educating and networking with key prospect and customer contacts
- Relay market needs and requirements back to internal Amazon teams including Sales, Operations, Account Management, and Category Management teams
- Quickly understand the Amazon value prop and ideal customer profile
- 2-3 years sales experience or equivalent
- Advanced Salesforce.com experience including the development of dashboards and reports
- Experience prospecting, qualifying, and cold-calling companies
- Experience using marketing automation and prospecting tools such as Pardot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo etc.
- SQL knowledge
New or Coming Soon Useful Entrepreneurship Books
An Entrepreneur’s Guide To The Sales & Marketing Universe: A Step-By-Step Guide To Organic Marketing
Secret strategies revealed on how to generate high quality leads efficiently and effectively.
But leads, no matter how good, are pretty much useless without the skills necessary to convert them into paying customers. What is the repeatable and scientific approach to take in sales to make sure you are maximizing your chances at landing closed deals?
Breaking Through The Wall: A Financial Advisor’s Guide to Grow, Scale, and Monetize Your Business for Millions
Many financial advisors out there are facing a wall. They’re generating $1-3 million in revenue; they’re managing all the households they can; they have little time to spend with their own families. They feel like they’re playing chief marketing officer, chief investment officer, CEO, CFO, chief compliance officer, and the chief technology officer all at once. There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Entrepreneurial Marketing and International New Ventures: Antecedents, Elements and Outcomes (Routledge Studies in Entrepreneurship)
The book investigates the entrepreneurial marketing (EM) concept within the broader discipline of international entrepreneurship. The analysis of this concept, and designing a model of EM antecedents, elements, and outcomes that was tested on the basis of empirical studies covering companies from three European countries, explores and develops the field of international marketing and entrepreneurship.
From the cofounder of Square, an inspiring and entertaining account of what it means to be a true entrepreneur and what it takes to build a resilient, world-changing company.
If today’s brands want to succeed, they have to be in the conversation, and influencers make that happen. The Age of Influence is an essential guide for marketing professionals and business owners who want to create and implement a highly effective and sustainable influencer marketing plan.
We are in the midst of an unprecedented digital transformation and tapping into this change is vital to any brand in today’s climate. Social media has democratized authority and influence, and information is created and consumed in ways that are constantly evolving.
12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
Your road map to a seven-figure business . . . in one year or less
By cutting out the noise and providing a clear and proven plan, this roadmap helps even brand-new entrepreneurs make decisions quickly, get their product up for sale, and launch it to a crowd that is ready and waiting to buy.
This is a book to help you acquire the mind-set to riches.
It’s about creating a way of living where you aren’t controlled by fear, inertia, or poverty. You, instead, are motivated by creative, positive action, and an open mind that is ready to receive prosperity in every area of your life. Here are the time-tested principles used by the self-made millionaires and billionaires to create lives beyond their wildest imaginations. Here are the time-tested principles that will help you tap into your inner reserves and knowledge you never knew you had. These writings—compact, powerful, practical—are ready to help you find solutions, discover new ideas, and make fresh starts on your road to riches!
This book is a compilation of successful habits that the author has learned in his career. I would even saythat this book is a manual of lessons for entry-level, junior manager, and even executives. It offers tips from the expert on medical device sales, as well as fundamental knowledge for any employee. As you read through the sincere yet passionate advice from the author on work strategy to a personal relationship, you will start to gain an overview of the the direction of your path. The vital key to success includes extreme self-discipline and a genuine passion for work.
Mentor-Made Millionaire is an insightful, thought-provoking dissection of what it takes to be a success in today’s money-centric society. It is designed to appeal to individuals on the path to success, managers, and business owners.
These days, we see the well-worn phrase ‘self-made millionaire’ practically everywhere. While Dr. Chad Shannon does not set out in Mentor-Made Millionaire to diminish the hard work put in by those remarkable individuals who achieve this accolade, his aim is to make the reader realize that not one of them could possibly have accomplished that aspirational status all by themselves.
Startups constantly face the challenge of how to make an impact given their initial small size and limited resources. Nine out of ten startups fail and more than fifty percent do not reach past the five-year mark. The few that do manage to survive can quickly find themselves swamped in the oversaturated market, unable to make any decent progress. So how can they establish themselves among their immediate competitors, let alone defeat larger, more established companies? Is the story of David and Goliath still relevant in the modern business world?
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology)
This book provides valuable insights into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) through a comprehensive examination of Vision 2030, an ambitious economic plan by the KSA to reinvent and diversify its economy from a heavy dependence on hydrocarbon to knowledge-based resources.
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 discusses how this initiative will assist the government in achieving its envisioned goals by creating a culture of research, innovation and entrepreneurship. It studies the current state of the field as well as new policies and reforms in Saudi Arabia which encompass education systems, ICT infrastructure and a vibrant innovation landscape that includes academia, the public and private sectors and civil society.