- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Consulting or an equivalent position.
- Experience in collecting requirements and creating data modeling designs.
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical skills with a high degree of analytical competency.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and report simultaneously across different stakeholders.
- Ability to structure and read dashboards to give clarity on key insights.
- Ability to break down complex, ambiguous problems and propose alternative solutions.
About the job
At Google Customer Solutions (GCS), data and insights drive our growth. The GCS Insights team delivers actionable business intelligence and analytics at scale utilizing a customer-centric approach. We have a very broad scope and build comprehensive solutions using a multitude of data sources.
As a Customer Insights Business Intelligence Engineer, you will be at the intersection of product, data, and business strategy; building innovative, scalable, and actionable insights solutions. Your work will not only drive the GCS business forward, it will also influence other teams’ roadmaps.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our Google Customer Solutions (GCS) team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the “human face” of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. In collaboration, we create and implement business plans broadly for all types of businesses.
- Work closely with various stakeholders to understand feature/tooling gaps and innovate on behalf of our customers.
- Design and develop scalable and actionable solutions (dashboards, automated collateral) that tell a story and provide insights to help our advertisers grow.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in developing analytical insights including data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Analyze key metrics to uncover trends and to support root cause analysis.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.