- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or other business/analytical disciplines or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Software Developer/ Engineer, Continues Improvement or related
· 2+ years of recent Tableau and/ or Quicksight experience · must have Strong proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Excel, and statistical analysis tools to perform data mining and deep dive analysis
- 2+ years of experience in creating detailed reporting and KPI content
The successful candidate will be a key part of NA Ops Real Estate Transactions business operations. This individual must have excellent analytical capabilities and knowledge of business intelligence solutions. This role will work with senior business leadership, Subject Matter Experts (SME), and external technical teams to build data visuals and tools tailored for Real Estate professionals and their supporting teams. The individual will own data visualization products and the backend tables that support them.
The right candidate will demonstrate a track record of impact through producing accurate technical content, driving complex documentation projects, and collaborating with technologists and SMEs. We expect a self-starter mentality, a sharp eye for details, outstanding communication skills, high tolerance for ambiguity, and a bias towards action.
- Optimize decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Partner with other analysts and engineers to build scalable engineering solutions to deliver on business goals
- Propose and create daily, weekly, and monthly business metrics for senior management reviews
- Deep dive into large data sets to answer key business questions using SQL, Excel, and other data manipulation languages. Report the larger team about key insight trends and root causes behind variances of key parameters
- Maintain data integrity, perform QA Audits and diligently troubleshoot issues
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, while automating or simplifying self-service support and access to authoritative datasets
- Collaborate with SMEs to respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders
- Strong operational business understanding that impacted the business decisions of internal/external stakeholders and systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis and ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams
- Self-motivated and able to own workload in a fast-paced environment to deliver results on self-driven deadlines
- Direct experience administrating Microsoft SharePoint and building information solutions that are based of it
- Demonstrated experience in Real Estate Transactions, Asset Management, or Lease Administration
- Advanced understanding of best practice analysis, programming and visualization techniques
- Proficiency in statistical analytics tools: R, Python, Minitab, Julia, JMP or similar
- Master’s degree in BI, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, MBA or related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs you may like
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
As a Business Insights/Intelligence Engineer, you are a full stack data engineer that loves solving business problems with data. You work with key business and product leads, analysts and data scientists to understand the business domain and how data can empower them. You engage with fellow engineers to develop better data platforms to make the process of producing data and deriving insights is easy and efficient. You are passionate about the quality of the data you produce and take pride in having your data drive our business.
What you’ll do:
- Understand the business drivers and analytical use-cases and translate these to data products
- Explore new technologies and learn new techniques to solve business problems creatively
- Think big and drive the strategy for better data quality within Pinterest
- Design, implement and maintain pipelines that produce business critical data reliably and efficiently using cloud technology
- Become the voice of business within engineering, and of engineering within business
- Create data visualizations that allow easy consumption of the data learnings and insights
- Collaborate with many teams from Product, Engineering and Business to produce relevant data solutions that can be used across multiple use cases
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with big data (Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark), scripting language (Python) and data visualization (Tableau) technologies
- Hands-on experience in principled data warehouse design, data visualization and data pipeline design and development
- Prior experience working with business stakeholders in the technology space is a plus
- Great communication skills. You should be able to directly communicate with senior business leaders, embed yourself with business teams, and present solutions to business stakeholders
- Experience in working independently and driving projects end to end
- Strong analytical skills