Microsoft Business Process Outsource (BPO) Operations is responsible for the execution of contracting, performance management, and delivering business services in support of a wide range of business units within Microsoft. Our Mission is to be trusted advisors who anticipate and operationally execute our services and create value to both Microsoft and our Customers.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations – and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
In this role, you will be the foundation of the Microsoft teams that are responsible for driving high AI technology such as AI assistance to people’s daily life, meeting captioning, etc. You will be responsible for managing data annotation work for the annotation services team whose tasks include quality speech transcription, judgments, statistical analysis on large data sets, pattern analysis and labeling on documents, annotating ground truth as input for machine learning algorithms, etc.
As a Lead transcription specialist, you will:
- Work closely with the program management teams regarding work processes and requirements
- Manage the task assignment and work progress for the transcription specialists
- Work with the program management team on guidelines, audit, and quality processes
- Identify opportunities for improving efficiencies and drive efficiency on tasks assigned
- Identify and report out on risks and opportunities
- Assist in training, coaching and upskilling transcription specialists at scale
- Ensure a positive onboarding experience for new transcription specialists, collect and incorporate feedback for continuous improvements
- Perform duties of a transcription specialist, including:
- Use house tools to annotate data for various projects. One key example is providing transcription (text) for audio clips.
- Going through content (online and offline), extract information, provide needed annotation/information through tools with high accuracy and consistency.
- Perform quality evaluation of results produced by different sources.
- High School degree/GED or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in English – both written and spoken
- Experience in transcription or annotation review and quality assessment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical and data mining skills – ability expertly to munge data
- Experience defining processes and guidelines
- In depth knowledge of language pitch, tones, rhythm, intent, etc.
- Enjoys working in a highly dynamic workspace
- Ability to have fun at work while bringing your authentic self
- Linguistics or computational linguistic background
- Experience in language technology, including speech
- Proficient in multiple languages
- Great attention to detail
- Good computer skills
- Quick learner
- Relevant certifications
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.