Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The Business Operations team’s mission is to ensure AR/VR makes the best strategic decisions across a variety of domains. We support decision making by teams across Product, Marketing, Content, Business Development, Analytics, and FP&A. We combine structured problem-solving, user centered design thinking, qual/quant analyses of internal/external data, and soft skills to influence strategy.This role is an opportunity to shape the computing platforms of the future. It will challenge you to understand and impact many facets of our customers, products, business strategy and operations, including journey maps, forecasting, opportunity sizing, competitive analysis, management reporting, and goal setting.
- Partner with cross functional teams to define problems, articulate the option space, and characterize tradeoffs.
- Develop a deep, quantitative and qualitative understanding of our users and developers.
- Identify opportunities to grow the AR/VR ecosystem and business.
- Build relationships with a variety of cross-functional partners and influence them to act on recommendations.
- Analyze industry trends and translate their significance to the AR/VR strategy.
- Present recommendations to leadership, including the Reality Labs Product and FB Finance executive teams.
- 4+ years of experience in business strategy, finance, analytics or sales planning
- B.S. or M.S. in a quantitative field (Engineering, Statistics, Math, Economics, Finance or similar)
- Proven track record of developing and executing strategy projects
- Analytical experience, with experience framing ambiguous problems, and drawing insights from multiple data sources
- Experience shifting priorities while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Communication and interpersonal skills
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
Other jobs you may like
Communication and leadership
- Build strong relationships with internal and customer stakeholders
- Become a trusted advisor for aligned customer and CSAM
- Exhibit confident leadership collaborating across multiple groups/organizations to meet customer outcomes
- Communicate timely and effectively to internal and external customer needs
- Articulate the value of Microsoft Services portfolio to key stakeholders
- Effectively influence and lead actions through cross-group collaboration
Ongoing oversight of reactive cases
- Regular case reviews of reactive cases owned by internal support organizations to assess health and status
- Partnership with account CSAM on high-risk escalations and to gather/analyze information as needed to support the customer
- Situational awareness & tracking
- Proactive risk mitigation
- Administrative casework
Driving cases to a healthy state
- Communication with internal Microsoft resources for case updates and action requests
- Direct communication with customers to promote case progress where necessary
- Assisting to set the proper expectations with customers for support
- Facilitation of meetings between customers and internal support organizations to expedite actions plans and progress
- Customer facing reports
- Produce regular reports on case health metrics and status to be delivered to customers
- Participate in and prepare content for regular customer meetings
Case Trending (People, Process, and Technology)
- Identify the root cause of reactive support incidents and categorize in line with ITIL methodology
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn new technologies
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with others. Recognizes different values and styles, and respects others’ unique characteristics or strengths.
- Initiates collaboration with others; invites others to meetings and presentations to share information. Seeks support for collaborative activities from upper management.
- Acts confidently in uncertain circumstances; works effectively in ambiguous situations. Demonstrates patience, and persistence
- Consciously develops influence strategies
- Anticipates the reactions of others
- Adapts a presentation or discussion to appeal to the interest of others
- Takes well thought-out action to achieve a specific impact.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact that his or her behavior and communications has on relationships with customers/peers
- Self-motivated, proactive, and customer-centric attitude
- Quick learner and willing to adapt to a dynamic working environment
- US Citizenship
- Customer Service experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, energetic, enthusiastic attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent at multi-tasking & task prioritization
- Skilled use of the Microsoft Office Suite, e.g. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to apply judgement in high pressure situations with minimal external guidance
- Strong ability to comprehend written communications
- 3+ years of experience in supporting Microsoft enterprise technologies
- Familiarity with Microsoft products/services
- Skilled use of Microsoft Power BI reporting
- Track record in successfully coordinating activities that involve cross-team of internal/external contacts
- Understanding of reactive case lifecycle and troubleshooting methodology
- ITIL certified